A True Cluster

vantexan

We were supposed to run a regular day today with
29 routes and starting at 0740. Now we're being told to start at 1130 and only 11 rts running. Don't know if it's weather or mechanical, but Monday is going to suck.

FedExer267

Work as directed, be safe, and take your breaks if you cant get it all done oh well. I thought about working today as well but I had babysitting issues. I know Monday is going to suck as well however I will do only what I can do. This Peak has been a mess we have drivers who all the sudden cant get a route with 90 stops done even though they do that all year long. Their plan has been to take stuff off of those routes and add to the guys who already have a 125 stop day. Many of us are tired of being taking advantage of by this so the only way its going to change is if we work like the other drivers and force FedEx to put their Temps to work. I would not mind working 14 hours if I was getting paid to do so but we all know it dosent work that way.
150 stops covering 5 zipcodes is a long day then we have to break to do our pickups which takes a couple hours then go back to where we left off, I am going to go out do my route so my customers dont suffer then if I have time I will start the rest if they give me business oh well. If its not mine and I miss it oh well they can come up with a new plan.

LTFedExer

29 routes and starting at 0740. Now we're being told to start at 1130 and only 11 rts running. Don't know if it's weather or mechanical, but Monday is going to suck.
The entire station worked (without the regular Saturday couriers). 2 sorts, 1st went down 8:20 and 2nd went 11:00 - 11:40. Monday will suck for the 2 I was helping because they gave a TOTAL of 25 stops between the 2 of them. If I didn't have a PM Monday, it wouldn't be as bad.

According to weather.com
Memphis weather - mid 40's - mid 50's all week with possible rain on Tuesday only
Indy weather - mid 20's - low 30's all week snow Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Our weather - mid 40's - low 50's and sunny all week.

As long as the freight gets here, we should be just fine.

vantexan

According to weather.com
Memphis weather - mid 40's - mid 50's all week with possible rain on Tuesday only
Indy weather - mid 20's - low 30's all week snow Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Our weather - mid 40's - low 50's and sunny all week.

As long as the freight gets here, we should be just fine.

Unfortunately a big storm is brewing in California, it could slow our entire system down. Should be an interesting week.

FedEx2000

So you guys didn't sort the E2 and Indy freight that came in early? We sorted all our IND freight and E2, then launched around 8:20.....brought everyone except the extended routes back at 10:45 to sort the MEM Saturday freight and got it all delivered. Drivers took as many resi stops as they could/wanted......we delivered approx. 2/3 of the freight we got in.

vantexan

So you guys didn't sort the E2 and Indy freight that came in early? We sorted all our IND freight and E2, then launched around 8:20.....brought everyone except the extended routes back at 10:45 to sort the MEM Saturday freight and got it all delivered. Drivers took as many resi stops as they could/wanted......we delivered approx. 2/3 of the freight we got in.

We ended up just delivering Saturday freight. Starting early Monday to deal with all the extra.

FedExer267

Sounds like my truck it has been looking like the walmart warehouse lately. Just curious to see how tomorrow is, I worked last Saturday and had to take one of my contractors other guys resi's as well wondering if the favor was returned but somehow I doubt it.

LTFedExer

We did the same. Yesterday was the easiest day so far.

bbsam

Staff member
Mexico actually. We lasted 9 days, my wife couldn't stand it. We're at my Mom's through the holidays, heading to AZ in January. Have to go back to work, but I'll shovel manure before I go back to FedEx.
Ah. Welcome back to the States.

vantexan

This post makes it sound like you are back at Express.
Check the dates. I thought it was funny how many years MFE starts talking about a "cluster". When I brought these two threads back we had 3 threads from him in a row with "cluster" in the title. Couldn't resist, forgive me MFE!

bbsam

Staff member
Check the dates. I thought it was funny how many years MFE starts talking about a "cluster". When I brought these two threads back we had 3 threads from him in a row with "cluster" in the title. Couldn't resist, forgive me MFE!
ah. Necroposting.

CJinx

I'm more amazed that on any given day, about half of the most recently active threads on this forum are started by him. For a guy that dislikes the company so much, he certainly spends a lot of his free time thinking and posting about it.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm more amazed that on any given day, about half of the most recently active threads on this forum are started by him. For a guy that dislikes the company so much, he certainly spends a lot of his free time thinking and posting about it.
perhaps it gives him meaning.