A very unpositive thread

With all the bitching we all do on all of these threads I think we need a safe place to call home. A place where we can complain about work or just about anything meaningless or the exact opposite. Whatever you choose.

Buck Fifty

I just found out someone I knows wife has a possibly terminal illness. This makes me real mad because it's not fair and very sad.

Hey 407 , Momma said there would be days like this, and she never said you would to like them. Hope some great news will level this out for you. "Possibly" leaves hope. Never lose it !

Last edited by a moderator:

DS

Fenderbender
I just found out someone I knows wife has a possibly terminal illness. This makes me real mad because it's not fair and very sad.
407,we all have to deal with tragedies,and sometimes,well frankly ,it sucks big time.
It's fine to be unpositive but don't dwell on it.The fact that you felt comfortable enough to share your feelings here,is proof that like most of the rest of us here,you have a big heart.All you can do is give support to your friend,and be strong.I've been through some weird **** too,as I'm sure most of us have.

S

splozi

Terminal illness? How are we supposed to top that?

All I can think of right now is that my A/C is on too high and I'm a little cold.

bbsam

Staff member
Sometimes I feel frozen
like a deer in headlights.
I try to turn, look elsewhere.
Maybe it hurts less if I don't
see it coming.
Maybe it's not there, a ghost
lounging in a mirage of the only
faintly possible.
I wish I could believe that.

Sometimes I think this life
a cruel jest,
my faith a hoax,
my hopes mere fantasy
in a land where Death is king.

I thank God it is darkest
just before the dawn,
turn east to the rising sun,
and trudge the happy
road of destiny whereever
it may lead.

BigBeef42

UPS is very-unpositive. I always thought it was a great place to work. The last two years have really sucked big time. Keep that smile on your face rain or shine.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Terminal illness.
Yeah it sucks.

What sucks the most is the person dying, while in the process of putting "affairs" in order, they are stuck with the task of convincing others that they accept the fate.
They end up comforting you.

I learned this from a 15 year old niece while Ovarian Cancer spread and killed her in 1998.

I was reminded while watching the "Bucket List"...

over9five

Staff member
Terminal illness.
Yeah it sucks.

What sucks the most is the person dying, while in the process of putting "affairs" in order, they are stuck with the task of convincing others that they accept the fate.
They end up comforting you.

I learned this from a 15 year old niece while Ovarian Cancer spread and killed her in 1998.

I was reminded while watching the "Bucket List"...

I can back that up.