A Virus That Cures Cancer?

av8torntn

I am sure there are plenty of terminal patients that would be happy to become test subjects but that being said I once volunteered for a clinical trial that had a 100% success in pre clinical trials but failed 100% of the time in human trials.

av8torntn

I would try it, if I were terminal.

I would also but my point was that just because it worked in pre clinical trials does not mean that it would work in human trials. I do agree with the broader point that governments put up far to many roadblocks to medicine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would also but my point was that just because it worked in pre clinical trials does not mean that it would work in human trials. I do agree with the broader point that governments put up far to many roadblocks to medicine.

Could it be argued that those roadblocks were put in place by the very lawyers who look to cash in on their failures?

av8torntn

Could it be argued that those roadblocks were put in place by the very lawyers who look to cash in on their failures?

I suppose you could make any argument you wanted. I have my suspicions that this treatment would be successful. There is an experimental stage that can be applied for that is relatively inexpensive that is used as a type of bridge between animal and human trials sometimes. That information can then be used in the application for clinical trials.

I can only hope that a cure for cancer is on the horizon as I've already had multiple family members affected.

packageguy

There are many people who beleive that, All these cancers are being controlled, because they know it's a business.....People donate all this money for answers and results. People beleive there are cures sitting in a closet......

av8torntn

There are many people who beleive that, All these cancers are being controlled, because they know it's a business.....People donate all this money for answers and results. People beleive there are cures sitting in a closet......

If that were true what would stop someone from just taking the cure out of the closet and becoming a billionaire?

BrownArmy

Cancer is one of the ways that our bodies shut down and die.

We're not meant to live forever.

If we eliminate cancer and slow aging, etc., where do you think we'll put all these people who used to die, but don't anymore?