A win for FedEx Freight drivers!

bbsam

Staff member
If freight is successful in organizing, then yes they definitely will try.
Why wait? Ground statons would be even easier than Freight.
Doubtful. That is primarily a PT workforce. History shows that PT employees do not vote. Would be a waste of time.
Too bad. They have the least to lose and could quickly put serious pressure on the compay while immediately making their situation better.

MAKAVELI

Why wait? Ground statons would be even easier than Freight.

Too bad. They have the least to lose and could quickly put serious pressure on the compay while immediately making their situation better.
I think once they have freight organized and a contract ratified then it'll be a lot easier to organize any of the other divisions.

slantnosechevy

Local 710 had 14 of 16 bldgs. in Chicago area signed up 20 years ago until a Freddie paid Judge stepped in. Look for Freddie to open up his wallet along with his friends the Koch Bros. and start throwing their weight around in DC. And if that doesn't work, Fred has always threatened to sell off some of his empire if unionized. How many more billions does he need?
Those 28 guys have huge targets on their heads and will need tons of support. Hoffa needs to step up now and tighten the screws. I know he can't match Fred's dollars or friends, but this is no time for a lame duck Int'l Gen. Pres. to just talk about it. It's time to back these guys and kick the door in.

MAKAVELI

No. Going on the historical reality that nobody has backed Express couriers.
Going on historical reality no other workgroup has had a successful union vote other than the pilots. We now have 2 and more to come. I find it odd that someone who claims to be a democrat has nothing but negative comments about this huge win against a very anti union corporation. Maybe you're just sour that you can't even keep drivers from jumping over to Express. Even as bad as Express is.;)

barnyard

KTM rider

It is very, very easy for you or I to talk about 'how easy' it would be to organize a ground terminal, but the fact of the matter is PT people typically do not care. For most, it is a 2nd job and if it does not work out, there are lots of other PT jobs available.

PT pay at UPS would be significantly different if PTers voted.

bbsam

Staff member
Going on historical reality no other workgroup has had a successful union vote other than the pilots. We now have 2 and more to come. I find it odd that someone who claims to be a democrat has nothing but negative comments about this huge win against a very anti union corporation. Maybe you're just sour that you can't even keep drivers from jumping over to Express. Even as bad as Express is.;)
Historic evidence isn't negative. Would be very interested to see Express have a union vote, RLA or no RLA. Course I've said that for years.