Abortion

moreluck

golden ticket member
Are they nuts?

Planned Parenthood Offers Tips for Pro-Abortion Conversation Around “Holiday Table”

Such as, “Pass the saline solution — I mean the salt,” or “I discovered there’s nothing quite like plowing down stuffed turkey after having a partial-birth abortion.”

(CNSNews.com) — Planned Parenthood’s New York City affiliate has posted an article telling visitors to its Web site how to successfully discuss abortion around the “holiday table.”

The article, “Talking Turkey: 8 Easy Steps for Discussing Reproductive Health and Justice at the Holiday Table,” also includes a quiz to help people prepare for “touchy questions about your politics over the dinner table.”

Planned Parenthood posted the article ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday. It begins by warning readers about pro-life relatives.
“The holidays are upon us!” the article begins. “Going home or getting together with relatives for the holidays is always a stressful time, but if your family members are the type who regularly protest outside the local Planned Parenthood, you know that this holiday is going to be a doozy.”

“Luckily, we have some tips for surviving those awkward conversations,” the article states. “So read on, and bring some diplomacy and understanding to the table along with that pumpkin pie.”

The eight tips range from “Avoid Bumper Sticker Talk,” telling readers to “steer clear of catchall phrases,” to “Know Your Facts, But Keep the Conversation More Global.” The latter states that while it is good to “clarify misinformation,” including that emergency contraception ends a pregnancy, it is often more fruitful to discuss the broader “value” of Planned Parenthood.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There's still such a thing as proper conversation around the dinner table..............unless you're a savage or caveman.

bbsam

Staff member
There's still such a thing as proper conversation around the dinner table..............unless you're a savage or caveman.
I think that's what the article was addressing. How to politely respond to or deflect those conversations without endangering the relationship.

IMO, the best way to avoid those touchy topics at the dinner table is to follow a common etiquette rule. Don't talk with your mouth full. Then simply keep it full. Few, if any minds are changed during meal time conversations.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I clicked on the link and agree with more that this is not suitable dinner table conversation; however, for those who do wish to discuss the topic, they do offer some good advice on how to do so in a tactful manner.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think the article was promoting itself as a "How To Tell the Family About Your Abortion With Visual Cues at the Dinner Table" pamphlet.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think the article was promoting itself as a "How To Tell the Family About Your Abortion With Visual Cues at the Dinner Table" pamphlet.

No, it wasn't, but it did offer some pointers on how to broach the subject and perhaps dispel some of the myths and misinformation.

No, it wasn't, but it did offer some pointers on how to broach the subject and perhaps dispel some of the myths and misinformation.
My point is, the talking points offered won't do any good. These tips will do nothing but further the argument. Planned Parenthood org, is simply pushing their agenda.
I imagine it now. Right after the blessing, let's talk about how it's ok to kill unborn babies. Yea boy, a lot of minds will be changed.
We have a really close knit family but I remember vividly one thanksgiving were there were nearly blows thrown over whether Rosie O'Donald was a good person or a lying fatassed bitch. We don't discuss controversial subjects over the dinner table any more.

Oh and BTW, I wasn't one of the people ready to fight, I ended up the referee.

bbsam

Staff member
My point is, the talking points offered won't do any good. These tips will do nothing but further the argument. Planned Parenthood org, is simply pushing their agenda.
I imagine it now. Right after the blessing, let's talk about how it's ok to kill unborn babies. Yea boy, a lot of minds will be changed.
We have a really close knit family but I remember vividly one thanksgiving were there were nearly blows thrown over whether Rosie O'Donald was a good person or a lying fatassed bitch. We don't discuss controversial subjects over the dinner table any more.

Oh and BTW, I wasn't one of the people ready to fight, I ended up the referee.
They may be pushing their agenda, but nowhere in the article did I see them promote "drawing first blood". These are suggestions for "should the topic arise". And really, one could agree with parts or completely with what is written. It's nothing more than what Limbaugh or Hannity would promote dealing with family members except that Planned Parenthood would not go out of it's way to aggravate the opposing side.

moreluck

golden ticket member
To me it's no different than Aunt Matilda describing her hysterectomy and Uncle Franklin describing, step by step, his prostate surgery..................Not while I'm eating!!

Try eating and watching your dog barf........same effect!

rod

Retired 22 years
To me it's no different than Aunt Matilda describing her hysterectomy and Uncle Franklin describing, step by step, his prostate surgery..................Not while I'm eating!!

Try eating and watching your dog barf........same effect!

then watch whle he re-eats it

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well done, Ohio.
(LifeNews) — Governor John Kasich signed House Bill 79 today, a bill that legislation designed to protect pro-life taxpayers from paying for abortion via Obamacare. This is the seventh piece of pro-life legislation Ohio has produced this year that Kasich has backed.

House Bill 79 would exclude abortion coverage from the State Exchange which Ohio must create as required by the new federal health care law. The federal law includes a provision allowing states to opt out, making it possible for this legislation to protect the conscience rights of pro-life taxpayers.

“The pro-life movement is very proud of what Governor John Kasich, Senate President Tom Niehaus and Speaker Bill Batchelder have accomplished in 2011. Ohio is witnessing historic gains in legislation that protects mothers and saves unborn babies,” said Mike Gonidakis, Executive Director for Ohio Right to Life.

“As we move closer to national health care, it was critical for Ohio to take advantage of the federal opt out provision,” he said. “This legislation ensures that Ohioans who support life don’t have to pay for someone else’s elective abortions. While we can all agree that people should have access to healthcare, we reject the notion that abortion is healthcare because the only measure of ‘success’ of an abortion procedure is the death of an innocent child.”

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Most women who have abortions are Democrats and if those kids were to be born, they would either be criminals or sponge off society.
I could never agree to abort my child but if it means less Democrats and criminals, I'm okay with it for others.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Most women who have abortions are Democrats and if those kids were to be born, they would either be criminals or sponge off society.
I could never agree to abort my child but if it means less Democrats and criminals, I'm okay with it for others.

bs_meter.gif

This has to be the dumbest thing ever said on this board.

Peace.