Abortion

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The mothers are frequently broke and in need of money to cover general living expenses. That's where a lot of the money involved in the process can go.

10 point

It's a lucrative BUSINESS.
We are not talking about going down to the pound and getting a new puppy. We are talking about adopting a human baby so, yes, the process should be extensive and expensive.

I still contend that surrogacy or IVF are the way to go.
You are correct. They are not puppies. Thank you Cpt. Obvious.
It's cheaper and easier to adopt children from other countries. Here it's a racket.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Why do you think so many celebrities get kid from foreign countries? They would never pass a psych evaluation for a domestic adoption. It's like making a purchase for them.

rod

Retired 22 years

It's cheaper and easier to adopt children from other countries. Here it's a racket.

And you don't think its a racket in other countries? Its more of a racket elsewhere than here. Here they are trying to find GOOD homes--elsewhere they are just selling kids.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Thing is, a lot of people who have trouble adopting are trying to adopt newborns.
Much like when people pay a premium for a puppy rather than going to a shelter and getting an abandoned dog. Some people, right or wrong, just don't want to deal with the problems the previous "owner" has created.

10 point

Thing is, a lot of people who have trouble adopting are trying to adopt newborns.
Much like when people pay a premium for a puppy rather than going to a shelter and getting an abandoned dog. Some people, right or wrong, just don't want to deal with the problems the previous "owner" has created.
There is truth to that.

A guy worked for me who a wealthy couple adopted. He still had anger issues that his mom "abandoned him" and that his biological Dad was invisible even though his lifestyle was well above average thanks to these new parents.
And you don't think its a racket in other countries? Its more of a racket elsewhere than here. Here they are trying to find GOOD homes--elsewhere they are just selling kids.
Sorry...I can't buy that.

Russia shut down Americans adopting children from their orphanages when a story became public of the abuse and death of a child that was adopted from their country. I'm not sure if they've changed their restrictions or not since.
I have friends that went to Russia several years ago and adopted a young boy because of the cost in the US.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The biggest reason that people struggle to adopt newborns here and wind up going to Russia is not because there is a shortage of healthy newborns....its because there is a shortage of healthy WHITE newborns.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If men could get pregnant, abortions would be available for $39.95 at Express Lube and you wouldnt even need to schedule an appointment. You could even have a beer and watch football on TV while they did it.

rod

Retired 22 years
The biggest reason that people struggle to adopt newborns here and wind up going to Russia is not because there is a shortage of healthy newborns....its because there is a shortage of healthy WHITE newborns.

BINGO---we have a winner

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
BINGO---we have a winner

My sister who struggled for years to have a baby with her husband was completely willing to adopt a black, hispanic, Asian baby, or whatever child they could help.

Her husband and his family, however were MORTIFIED at the idea. So she slept with a black guy and got pregnant by him. Oopsie :D

If you truly want a baby and can't have one the natural way, why should color really matter?

rod

Retired 22 years
My sister who struggled for years to have a baby with her husband was completely willing to adopt a black, hispanic, Asian baby, or whatever child they could help.

Her husband and his family, however were MORTIFIED at the idea. So she slept with a black guy and got pregnant by him. Oopsie :D

If you truly want a baby and can't have one the natural way, why should color really matter?

You are asking the wrong person--its so lily white where I live its almost laughable.

upschuck

You would prefer we go back to coat hanger back alley abortions?

I am pro-choice and support first and second trimester abortions and any abortions due to rape, incest or birth defect.
People also get killed all the time, too, does that mean we should legalize murder?

I believe in the sanctity of life, and once created, that life should not be legally taken from them.

Dr.Brownz

People also get killed all the time, too, does that mean we should legalize murder?

I believe in the sanctity of life, and once created, that life should not be legally taken from them.

LOL good job dude turn this thread about :censored2: customers into a :censored2:ing abortion debate because we all :censored2:ing care about your opinion