About how many stops do you drivers make per hour?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Pickups are counted in your SPORH.

over, I know at one time they were but I believe they arent now..but just not sure of the reason. I guess its the same reason that when they calculated the time from the building to your first stop they used the furthest away stop on your route...but some bean counter didnt like that so now its the first stop , even though on some days you might go out further to get a next day or bulk....its absolute nonsense. What pisses me off is everybody says...dont worry about the numbers, bla, bla, whatever. Just do the methods to a T , and they cant touch you. Hmmm, lets see on a yearly safety ride they are suppose to find things your doing wrong and go over them with you. So if they wanted to make a point and be a pita, they will ojs you and WILL find something, some bs "method violation" bs then start riding you on it. They have done this to guys here. Nobody is perfect 100% of the time, especialy someone who might be a little stressed when the man is in the jumpseat 10 hours looking at thousands of possible movements, etc. I guess the question I would like to know is now has this got so far out of hand. I know some of you say " we make 30 bucks were professionals, but its gone from being a new driver, heres your mapbook, good luck...to you didnt grab the handrail one time, you had to look at your board after you stopped because you forgot how many pkgs you had for the next stop. They are saying that you can be almost right on with everything but those 10 things you did wrong which add up to 50 seconds are causing you being 1.5 hours over a day. Does anyone feel the same a I do sometimes. Doing your best doesnt mean SHT anymore.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
How do they get the number 14?? There has to be a reason is 14 and not 13 or 15......
Best demonstrated from 3 day ride and got a letter saying I had to perform at 13.9. And with 240 pkgs,110 stops, 80 pu pcs, 76 miles, ill make it every time
. Just like the days my sup went through and set up the load for the rides.

With over 300 pkgs now, 150 pu pcs, 90 miles, added area, added pu/s. it wont be made, its math.

gostillerz

During last peak on a resi section my helper and I did averaged something like 55/hr for 3 hours. I'd park in the middle of the block, and do the low numbers, him even me odd. Go to the end of the street and do the highs. My Oncar actually bitched saying I wasn't "utilizing my helper properly". She said I should load the cart up and have him do the whole block while I do the next street and pick him up at the end. Almost a stop per ****ing minute isn't good enough?

During the rest of the year, I do maybe 15 for the businesses if I'm in a good mood, and 25 for the residentials.

OptimusPrime

Pickups are counted in your SPORH.

I average 18-20.

Right there with you. Though still in my 30 days doing a training route. Roughly 165 stops, maybe 10-12 business, and only 7? pickups, two of which are in the same building.

As for guys saying they take a full lunch, what's the difference? I mean in terms of SPORH that time isn't taken into account, you just get home later right?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I usually try for 10 but at one point in my day I usually do 2 p/u no stops that wastes 45 min so end up in the 9.something range

upsman68

I average 20 stops per hour on a good day. It all depends how heavy my business and apartment stops are. Plus summer is coming up and here in the south it gets awful hot and humid. So my stph going down a little bit

browniehound

Pretty straight forward question... regarding a "typical" day.

If you're a "runner gunner", play include that in your post, so your number doesn't skew the average.

EDIT: Also, about how many total stops do you have per day?

"runner gunner"? What the heck is that? Ok, I think I understand. If I am a "runner gunner" don't write my number because you are writing every number down here and then dividing by the responses to get an average. Is that what you're doing?

What if I told you I was a "runner gunner" and SPORH about an 11.5. Would that "skew the average", to use your words?

I don't know what you want to call or why you want to call me anything. I'm almost 40 years old and I get up every day and punch in at UPS every day. They give me this thing called a "UPS truck" and its full of "packages". I drive this truck out of the building to streets that have the same name that are on the packages that are on my truck. I empty the truck. When my truck is empty I begin doing my 40 pick-ups. If I forget what they are, I can just look at this thing I have called a DIAD and it reminds me what and where they are. I fill up the truck with these packages and then I drive it back to the UPS building. Then I punch out.

Is that enough info for your survey? or does my data skew your average?