Abuse of Bid Drivers / Seasonal Drivers

If I have a bid route, that is a training route, and management wants to pull me from my route to use a seasonal driver thru peak, not to gain seniority in any way, but to use my area knowledge on different problem routes, rather than use the seasonal driver. I feel this is totally wrong, and what area of the contract should I oppose this?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If I have a bid route, that is a training route, and management wants to pull me from my route to use a seasonal driver thru peak, not to gain seniority in any way, but to use my area knowledge on different problem routes, rather than use the seasonal driver. I feel this is totally wrong, and what area of the contract should I oppose this?

As long as nobody less senior to you is working and you are laid off, I'm not sure there is anything you can do.

You did realize it was a training route when you bid it, didn't you?

The driver is not training, he is a part timer that has drove for 3 seasonal periods. And his days are not being counted toward seniority, if so, I would understand. So he is not training, he is just filling a spot til peak is over.