ACA...Hooray for The Supremes

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'm sorry but people that compare (and support) being required to purchase a product and being fined for not doing so to being required to buy insurance for a product that we can choose not to purchase and without a penalty are VERY FREAKIN FAR from having a clue.

My god how do you people even breath on your own?
You have no clue.
In Wisconsin, a motorist is required to have liability insurance in order to operate a motor vehicle. A driver will & can be fined for not having proof of insurance.

Overpaid Union Thug

You have no clue.
In Wisconsin, a motorist is required to have liability insurance in order to operate a motor vehicle. A driver will & can be fined for not having proof of insurance.

Um....are you serious? Did you even read what I said? Don't you understand that a motorist can opt out of the liability insurance by opting not to drive a motor vehicle? Don't you understand that the difference with the ACA (and this is what makes it foolish to compare the ACA to buying car insurance) is that we now are REQUIRED to have insurance or face a penalty and can't opt out of having insurance like we can opt out of driving or buying a home? Why does that fly over you people's heads? Well....I have already stated the reason why. That reason is why I think you are hung up on the notion that you are entitled to operate a vehicle or buy a home. And that is why you can't understand the fallacy of comparing the ACA to motor and home owner's insurance.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I pay a "fine" of higher fees every time I use medical services in emergency room or hospitalization due to people who use those services without insurance and don't pay for them.

Overpaid Union Thug

I pay a "fine" of higher fees every time I use medical services in emergency room or hospitalization due to people who use those services without insurance and don't pay for them.

Maybe people should stop going to the emergency room every time they have a cold or a headache? And maybe there should have been legislation against handouts in the hospitals? Don't you see? It's the people that want something for nothing (in their mind...in reality it's others that have to pay for it) that are short circuiting almost every facet of free market capitalism.

BrownArmy

Why is anyone surprised about any of this? Once we were at a point where the government could force us to buy something this country was diverted down a long dark path. And what is the most pathetic part about it is that liberals were cheering for it just like they are now. This is yet more proof that liberalism is a mental disorder. LOL!

LOL indeed...evidently anyone who doesn't subscribe to your worldview has a mental disorder or is a radical.

Um, OK.

Overpaid Union Thug

LOL indeed...evidently anyone who doesn't subscribe to your worldview has a mental disorder or is a radical.

Um, OK.

No. Anyone who doesn't have the mental capacity to recognize the utterly ridiculous, rather stupid, and idiotic fallacy in comparing the ACA to insurance that only needs to be bought should one CHOOSE to use an automobile, buy a home, or fly on a plane has a mental disorder.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It's not a fine anymore the SJC ruled it to be a tax .
So you are required by the federal gov't to pay a tax on health insurance even if you don't want it .

bbsam

Staff member
No. Anyone who doesn't have the mental capacity to recognize the utterly ridiculous, rather stupid, and idiotic fallacy in comparing the ACA to insurance that only needs to be bought should one CHOOSE to use an automobile, buy a home, or fly on a plane has a mental disorder.
People do have a mental disorder. The vast majority think nothing of the future or if they think about it they either do little or nothing about it. That goes for health insurance, life insurance, retirement...largely anything that has nothing to do with living paycheck to paycheck.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you were able to use logic (as mentioned before) you'd see the idiocy in your comparing auto, home, and airplane insurance to the ACA. And this is the hilarious part..... your own words "when you ride them", "when you buy a home", " when you fly", should have clued you in to the fact that we are not REQUIRED to buy any of those products. We are only required to carry the insurance for these products if WE decide to purchase them. There is no government mandate for us to purchase those products.

Wow, and you people can vote. That is freaking scary. There is no hope for this country or the human race with people like you running things.

Whats scary is that you believe everything you post.

The ACA is the same way... you idiot.

You dont HAVE to purchase insurance, you just pay the FINE..

What is it about REALITY that continues to ESCAPE your particular mind? Do you and the other right wing nuts get together to plot your strategies before posting??

I can just picture the room where you all gather...

Of course, you try to change my words and give them a new meaning, but sorry bub, that doesnt fly. All people who want to drive cars MUST have insurance. ALL people who buy homes MUST buy home owners insurance, ALL people who want to ride a motorcycle MUST have insurance, ALL people who want to fly an airplane MUST have insurance.

If a person, decides not to purchase a car, a motorcycle, a home, a plane, or anything else requiring "mandated" insurance, then they pay nothing, however, they do pay for transportation costs provided by another form when they travel.. Either way, they pay "something" for getting around. Same with a home, they may not buy one, but they have to pay RENT and that comes with homeowners insurance built into the monthly rent.

Of course, you already know this, ( I hope ) and Ill give you credit for knowing such, however, the ACA does not force ANYONE to buy insurance.

You are welcomed O.U.T. to purchase NOTHING, and dont carry insurance at all, however, you will pay a fine/levy/tax for not carrying that insurance because at some point in your life, you will need care, and rather than putting YOUR costs onto the backs of every other american, you will instead pay into a reserve that will cover those costs and bring the costs of the insured down rather than UP having to cover your uninsured rear end.

The ACA is clear, you dont have to buy insurance if you dont want to, but your FREE RIDE is over..

You will be "Forced" to be responsible, rather than irresponsible as in the past.

You may not like the law, and frankly, I could care less about your opinions, the law is here to stay.

Complain all you want, cry all the tears you can possibly muster, but at the end of the day, all you will have is soggy hands and pockets full of useless complaints.

Get over it bro, YOU LOST THIS FIGHT and in a years time, you will have lost the White House once again.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
It's not a fine anymore the SJC ruled it to be a tax .
So you are required by the federal gov't to pay a tax on health insurance even if you don't want it .
I have to pay a tax to subsidize Big Oil.
I have to pay a tax for a useless invasion of Iraq.
I have to pay a tax used to pay my state and federal representatives wages.
I have to pay a tax so my wealthy neighbor can send their kid to a private school at taxpayer expense.
I have to pay a tax to keep the Bucks in Milwaukee even though the new owners are billionaires.

I could go on forever but its nap time.

I don't want or support any of the above.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have to pay a tax so my wealthy neighbor can send their kid to a private school at taxpayer expense.
I have to pay a tax to keep the Bucks in Milwaukee even though the new owners are billionaires.

So move.

Overpaid Union Thug

Whats scary is that you believe everything you post.

The ACA is the same way... you idiot.

Your momma!

You dont HAVE to purchase insurance, you just pay the FINE..

You pay the fine BECAUSE you don't purchase insurance! That is not the same! Get that through your thick skull. I've asked the following question of you in this forum several times before and I must ask again with all the seriousness I can muster up.....did you parents take turns punting you against a wall when you were an infant?

What is it about REALITY that continues to ESCAPE your particular mind? Do you and the other right wing nuts get together to plot your strategies before posting??

I can just picture the room where you all gather...

Of course, you try to change my words and give them a new meaning, but sorry bub, that doesnt fly. All people who want to drive cars MUST have insurance. ALL people who buy homes MUST buy home owners insurance, ALL people who want to ride a motorcycle MUST have insurance, ALL people who want to fly an airplane MUST have insurance.

If a person, decides not to purchase a car, a motorcycle, a home, a plane, or anything else requiring "mandated" insurance, then they pay nothing, however, they do pay for transportation costs provided by another form when they travel.. Either way, they pay "something" for getting around. Same with a home, they may not buy one, but they have to pay RENT and that comes with homeowners insurance built into the monthly rent.

Of course, you already know this, ( I hope ) and Ill give you credit for knowing such, however, the ACA does not force ANYONE to buy insurance.

You are welcomed O.U.T. to purchase NOTHING, and dont carry insurance at all, however, you will pay a fine/levy/tax for not carrying that insurance because at some point in your life, you will need care, and rather than putting YOUR costs onto the backs of every other american, you will instead pay into a reserve that will cover those costs and bring the costs of the insured down rather than UP having to cover your uninsured rear end.

The ACA is clear, you dont have to buy insurance if you dont want to, but your FREE RIDE is over..

You will be "Forced" to be responsible, rather than irresponsible as in the past.

You may not like the law, and frankly, I could care less about your opinions, the law is here to stay.

Complain all you want, cry all the tears you can possibly muster, but at the end of the day, all you will have is soggy hands and pockets full of useless complaints.

Get over it bro, YOU LOST THIS FIGHT and in a years time, you will have lost the White House once again.

TOS.

Please just shoot yourself in the head right and put yourself out of your misery and spare the world of your kind. But please convince others that share your ideology to do the same. You can start a little cult and all off each other at the same time and rid this country of the cancer that is liberalism.

Sportello

Banned

I may be wrong, but I believe @bottomsups is saying, is that he doesn't support everything the gov't does, but is still willing to be a part of a Union, even if he has to support some things he doesn't agree with.

Most of us here have the wherewithal to leave the USA and live comfortably someplace not as good.

'So move' is not a proper response to continue a conversation. It is a conversation stopper.

Ask him why he feels paying for things he personally opposes is worth it to him.

Sportello

Banned
Your momma!

You pay the fine BECAUSE you don't purchase insurance! That is not the same! Get that through your thick skull. I've asked the following question of you in this forum several times before and I must ask again with all the seriousness I can muster up.....did you parents take turns punting you against a wall when you were an infant?

Please just shoot yourself in the head right and put yourself out of your misery and spare the world of your kind. But please convince others that share your ideology to do the same. You can start a little cult and all off each other at the same time and rid this country of the cancer that is liberalism.
Rather than reply to all of that, who do you personally know that has been adversely affected by the ACA?

Don't say premiums went up, they went up slower than ever. You want them to quit going up? Get behind free healthcare and free education.

What is wrong with a healthy. educated American population? Too much for the rest of the World?

If we are so damn good, let's show the rest of the World how it works!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your momma!

It's been a bad week for you and Baba, hasn't it? Oh, so sad. Your utter hatred of anything run by government makes you something beyond Libertarian...a Sovereign Citizen. Yes, that species of nut that is so strange, it doesn't belong in the rancid can of mixed nuts that is the Far Right.

I think you should have to pay a fine for being ignorant.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's been a bad week for you and Baba, hasn't it? Oh, so sad. Your utter hatred of anything run by government makes you something beyond Libertarian...a Sovereign Citizen. Yes, that species of nut that is so strange, it doesn't belong in the rancid can of mixed nuts that is the Far Right.

I think you should have to pay a fine for being ignorant.

Shouldn't you be running off to the county clerk with TOS to get married?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Your momma!

As worked up as you get about liberals and bonus babies maybe you should put yourself out of misery. Relax and enjoy life.