Accept pay freeze for future stronger contract language

UPSSOCKS

Those pennies do add up, so do those 12 hour days and your body/physical health and also mental health. Also, double time is a heavy price to pay for excessive OT -- those pennies are in your pocket, too.

I'm not sure how delivering packages affects your mental health. Do you become attatched to the packages and have trouble letting them go? Please explain.

I like how everyone is up in arms about giving up raises, when your friend Hoffa sold out half of the raises last contract (50%) from 2002, with the smaller annual total raise and splitting them up. lol

No one was up in arms to that abortion and there is a lot of "hush hush".

Since 07, the drivers complain of too many hours and useless, loopholed 9.5 language. The previous contract was voted. through. No problem.

I say, if no one would want to once-and-for-all address excessive OT, just remove the 9.5 language altogether and just allow the company to do whatever they want up to the federal DOT limits and bring back the full $1/hr pay raises. :wink2:
IF teamsters:
Took there full lunch
Didn't work through break
Stop cutting corners
Stop speeding
Stop loading there truck before start time
How about working by the methods
And here is the big one
Wait
Wait
Wait
Wait
Ok how about not making side deals with management to get your own special treatment or area or to make bonus.

Then are contract language would be very strong and it would be a stepping stone for even stronger language.
Until teamsters stop being Me-sters we will be our own worst enemy.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I will give up a raise when UPS gives up a profit.

You gave up raises in 2007. UPS did not give up a profit, obviously. What happened? :surprised:
Why all of the fight-fight-fight now when in 2007 all of the stewards and BAs were selling Hoffa and that POS contract people voted yes, including drastically reduced wage increases....

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
IF teamsters:
Took there full lunch
Didn't work through break
Stop cutting corners
Stop speeding
Stop loading there truck before start time
How about working by the methods
And here is the big one
Wait
Wait
Wait
Wait
Ok how about not making side deals with management to get your own special treatment or area or to make bonus.

Then are contract language would be very strong and it would be a stepping stone for even stronger language.
Until teamsters stop being Me-sters we will be our own worst enemy.

No it isn't very strong.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You gave up raises in 2007. UPS did not give up a profit, obviously. What happened? :surprised:
Why all of the fight-fight-fight now when in 2007 all of the stewards and BAs were selling Hoffa and that POS contract people voted yes, including drastically reduced wage increases....

The only time I have chosen to give up a raise was for my pension. I have said here many times that Hoffa is full of gas. Stinky, smelly, gut-churning gas. As for me choosing to take a pay freeze in the future, not on your life. 50 billion a year profit should be shared amongst the people who generate it- employees.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The only time I have chosen to give up a raise was for my pension. I have said here many times that Hoffa is full of gas. Stinky, smelly, gut-churning gas. As for me choosing to take a pay freeze in the future, not on your life. 50 billion a year profit should be shared amongst the people who generate it- employees.

5.8 Billion profit last year.

brownboxman

Unintendid consequenses friends. That is what you need to look at. Double time over 9.5= EVERYONE working EVERY day 9.4, more pressure to move stops per hour up, drivers who would get in early would be forced back out. They (management) know how to make up the difference. Any such language would need to start at 9 hours

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm not sure how delivering packages affects your mental health. Do you become attatched to the packages and have trouble letting them go? Please explain.

The same reasons your life is a mess, divorced, on stress meds and on BC trolling union people. Don't act like you don't know about long work hours.

UPSSOCKS

The same reasons your life is a mess, divorced, on stress meds and on BC trolling union people. Don't act like you don't know about long work hours.

You got divorced because of your job? Your life a mess because of UPS? Stress Meds?

You could be working part time at McDonalds and I bet you would have all the same problems. It's not the job, it's you. Get a grip, deliver the packages and go home. The only concern of yours is to be at work on time, work safe, and follow orders. Everything else is out of your control so why worry about it. I'm worried about you. Your posting tone has changed. This job isn't for everyone but a three year old could do it.

John19841

I still think we're going about this whole 9.5 ordeal entirely the wrong way. Working 9 and a half hours in itself is really not that big of a deal. What makes it as big of a deal as it is is our ever-later start times. Just working 8 hours (with an hour lunch) when you start at 9:00 AM puts you at 6:00 PM, already an hour later than the 'normal work day.'

We significant changes in our start times. I have no idea how to go about doing that, but I think if we were on the road by 8 AM, working a 9.5 or 10 hour day and being off the clock by 6:30 PM is what we need to be focusing on. No one likes getting home at 8 PM (or later) and that is where the real problem lies.

hypocrisy

Banned
I guess it depends on your perspective. Out here in the West we still got a decent pay raise and a huge boost in our already fat pension. No one around here is complaining about either.

(but don't worry, they find plenty of other things to complain about)

brownIEman

You do realize that the vast majority of the not quite 50 billion UPS took in last year was indeed paid directly to employees? You don't really sound like you do.

washington57

I guess it depends on your perspective. Out here in the West we still got a decent pay raise and a huge boost in our already fat pension. No one around here is complaining about either.

(but don't worry, they find plenty of other things to complain about)

I'm out in the west too and i haven't heard much complaining either

menotyou

bella amicizia
You do realize that the vast majority of the not quite 50 billion UPS took in last year was indeed paid directly to employees? You don't really sound like you do.
Its actually 5.8 billion and do you understand what profit means? You don't really sound like you do.