accepted unloading practices??????

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think it's wrong and would inform a supervisor about any safety issues immediately, moving up the ladder if they aren't corrected, what would you do? Oh wait I know by your observations of someone unloading without proper egress, it's nothing, so why be concerned what he does when worst case it's equal to what you did, nothing.
http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/s...-who-suggested-348405/index4.html#post1087429
Jackburton,

You keep bringing up the egress example.

What is your recommendation as to the first step on this ladder I should take for the egress issue?

If it agreeable to me I will take it and report back for your satisfaction.

Thank you,

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

You keep bringing up the egress example.

What is your recommendation as to the first step on this ladder I should take for the egress issue?

If it agreeable to me I will take it and report back for your satisfaction.

Thank you,

Sincerely,
I
Start by taking your own advice to others and report it to the individuals in your immediate area that supervise. It's really not that hard and you make a mountain out of a molehill because you simply want to talk about something instead of being proactive in your own life solving issues. Read your own blog and perhaps you can practice what you preach.

I gave you advice at the time of your statement and again you're asking what you can do.
http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/s...-who-suggested-348405/index4.html#post1087429

Your act as Bubble said is tired and worn out, it's time to create something fresh instead of ignoring solutions to problems and rehashing old ones so you can be the cents of attention in the same old hat.

teamsterdan

No, it doesn't make sense. Yes, these people are morons to think it's a good idea. By the time those jackoffs got the cart filled up, I would have had everything loaded on the extendo.

I still fail to understand what is grieve-worthy here. Yeah, it sucks when your coworkers aren't very good and you seemingly have to pick up the slack, but unless this 'new' method of theirs is breaking a contract rule, I'm not sure what makes this different than anything else that a
ty coworker can do. Anything you would do would just throw your 'brethren' under the bus. Using the cart isn't unsafe....it's inefficient. Unless you are being written up for NOT using one, not much of a case there, as it will just be labeled an 'unload aid'.

Stupid is as stupid does. The best thing you can do is keep telling these people that it's a dumb idea and continue to show that you are correct through your actions.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/accepted-unloading-practices-348547/index4.html#ixzz2Ke6GomBW

i never wanted to nor would I grieve actions of my co-workers. I guess my main objective was to see if I was the only one that viewed this for what it is : "OBVIOUS DOUBLE HANDLING OF THE PKGS"; not a good idea or time saver as my "esteemed" colleagues seem to think it is. The other thing i wanted to point out was how the training has gone out the window, as well as it seems to me "this generation is lazy".
My only other gripe is that I'm viewed as the maroon, even though i know i'm doing what is correct, safe and efficient. I do agree abt. being able to do this long term, but i have been in the unload off and on my entire 20yrs., and know what my body can handle. I was blessed (or cursed) with a strong back and low center of gravity, a natural wide body, built to unload. Thanks for all your input. Now lets stand together and win a good contract TOGETHER!!!!!!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Start by taking your own advice to others and report it to the individuals in your immediate area that supervise. It's really not that hard and you make a mountain out of a molehill because you simply want to talk about something instead of being proactive in your own life solving issues. Read your own blog and perhaps you can practice what you preach.

I gave you advice at the time of your statement and again you're asking what you can do.

Your act as Bubble said is tired and worn out, it's time to create something fresh instead of ignoring solutions to problems and rehashing old ones so you can be the cents of attention in the same old hat.
Jackburton,

Please be more specific with your advice.

In my egress example, who, specifically, should I speak to first, and what precisely would you, recommend I say?

If your suggestions are agreeable to me I will consider this and report back.

Sincerely,
I

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Sometimes, when I read your posts, I almost have to wonder if your an uber upgraded version of the chatbot that used to be in the chatroom. You're syntax and answer styles are almost identical.

Kis124

Hmm

Our place we get 45 minutes per short box, and 70 for 53 ft. that's with 1 unloader...of course, that rarely happens

chrootz

I am unloader for almost 4 years, I hate 53' trailers and the PT sups even don't give a damn and They even wont bring the cart or extended roller slide to make a efficiency unload methods.

BTW I unload 48' for 45-50 mins at most of time. I xfered to local sort shift and no longer work with preload shift. THANK GOD!

PS. I am deaf so don't criticalize my english grammar cause english is my secondary language. :happy-very:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Sometimes, when I read your posts, I almost have to wonder if your an uber upgraded version of the chatbot that used to be in the chatroom. You're syntax and answer styles are almost identical.
sortaisle,

I think you may have me confused with someone else.

There is another who posts like I?

They must be a pain in the neck to have discussions with.

Sincerely,
I