Access Points

worldwide

More Access Points on the way before the end of the year.

UPS Access Point Network Expands to 100 Cities

"UPS is already solving these consumers’ delivery challenges with UPS Access Point locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, and the Washington DC and San Francisco metropolitan areas.

Later this summer, consumers will be able to pick up or return packages at UPS Access Point locations in approximately 100 cities around the U.S. including Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Seattle, St. Louis and Tampa, Fla."

http://multichannelmerchant.com/news/ups-access-point-network-expands-100-cities-29072015/#_

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

More Access Points on the way before the end of the year.

UPS Access Point Network Expands to 100 Cities

"UPS is already solving these consumers’ delivery challenges with UPS Access Point locations in Boston, Chicago, New York City, and the Washington DC and San Francisco metropolitan areas.

Later this summer, consumers will be able to pick up or return packages at UPS Access Point locations in approximately 100 cities around the U.S. including Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Seattle, St. Louis and Tampa, Fla."

http://multichannelmerchant.com/news/ups-access-point-network-expands-100-cities-29072015/#_
Customers hate it....and hate how ups has it set up......they see it as a hassle .......at least in my center

JL 0513

Customers hate it....and hate how ups has it set up......they see it as a hassle .......at least in my center

I can certainly understand that. I've seen access points be about a 10 minute drive from the customer. Almost as far as the UPS center servicing the customer. To the customer, this clearly looks like a way to save money and avoid re-attempts after just one attempt. Customer feels they paid to have a package delivered to their home for convenience and now they have to travel to a store to pick it up. One of the reasons for ordering online and shipping is to avoid a trip to a store. For some, in some situations, this may be a convenience but for many it won't be. And customer doesn't have a choice.

Fragile

Our requests to have packages redirected to an AP has soared in the last 2 months or so. We used to redirect 4-5 a day. Now we are doing 25-30 every night. Not sure what the AM is doing.

It is against their wishes. Not too many people are requesting to have their packages sent there.

oldngray

nowhere special
It is against their wishes. Not too many people are requesting to have their packages sent there.

Agreed. It is about saving UPS money under the pretense of providing better service to customers. As an option access points would be a good idea but definitely not to do it against customer wishes.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
In my center it's not requested it's automatic.....customers are calling fighting to have them send it to the original address on pkg and not the access point
We only have two AP's in our area and the customers have loved them. Instead of going to the center with limited hours they get to pick up their stuff closer to home. We don't have the ability to automatically redirect now though.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

We only have two AP's in our area and the customers have loved them. Instead of going to the center with limited hours they get to pick up their stuff closer to home. We don't have the ability to automatically redirect now though.
In my opinion it's a good idea to compliment the service we already offer like a time window for delivery or signature on file but ups is taking the choice away from customers here.......every package that is not in 1 are redirected to the access point........where we are having problems is with high values and signature req because addresses don't match and your not allowed to redirect them.........in addition to customers wanting there del at there house most of the time......they are saying if I wanted to pick it up at the store I wouldn't have bought it online

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
they are saying if I wanted to pick it up at the store I wouldn't have bought it online
And that's a valid point. But at the same time, there is a reason it wasn't DR'ed. I know FedEx in my old building was impossible to ever get. I always redirected it because then I knew I could get it. I like the Access Point idea. It just needs tweaking. For instance give people the option to automatically divert them. There are growing pains with anything new.