access points?????

ViewAskew

I run a college route and have no problem getting rid of the apartment deliveries.

The university in question here is a fairly large MAC school. Student housing included a lot of unsecured apartments, and complexes where the offices refused accepting for student tenants. An access point would've been great, especially at the beginning of the semester when the chegg orders blow out all of the routes in that loop.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The university in question here is a fairly large MAC school. Student housing included a lot of unsecured apartments, and complexes where the offices refused accepting for student tenants. An access point would've been great, especially at the beginning of the semester when the chegg orders blow out all of the routes in that loop.

Cheggs---DR FD

bumped

So, will the 80 year old lady that lives upstairs and gets 3 cases of adult diapers have to take the bus to pick up her packages from the access point.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I figured the same when number of attempts was left off the new delivery notices. They might just add more attempts as a different service level and charge.

I haven't had any access point deliveries yet.
You won't until they negotiate them in your area and then only the places you won't or can't release. Very few people ask for it. We're cramming it down their throats.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I have one that goes live tomorrow. The company automatically creates a pickup account for these AP's which "enables" you to deliver same-day AP-eligible packages while picking up the packages that went unclaimed after "x" days.

The only problem is that I don't get to my non-DR work until after 1700. My mildly retarded dispatcher put the AP p/u time for 1300. I'm not going to say anything - management always knows best - so it looks like I'll be using that "next day" option quite a bit. I mean, I wouldn't dare go back twice in one day, ORION's head would spin!

UPSGUY72

AP are not suppose to have more than 25 packages at any one time...

UPSGUY72

So, will the 80 year old lady that lives upstairs and gets 3 cases of adult diapers have to take the bus to pick up her packages from the access point.

You can override the change in deliver to a AP so if there is old person that isn't going to be able to make it to the AP your can override. Also if the package is over 44 lbs it doesn't go to a AP. There is a limit on the size of the package also and irregulars don't go to AP...