access points?????

clean hairy

Folks have approached me that are unhappy that they pay for delivery to their house, but they have to drive to another destination to get their item.
I give them the 800# to express their unhappiness with this issue.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Not likely. 8,000 locations in the US by the end of the year and 22,000 worldwide. All 4,400 The UPS Store locations throughout the U.S. are also part of the network. Been used in Europe for a couple of years already. Seems pretty popular so far.

After MyChoice was introduced a couple of years ago, there were comments on this board that it was a useless service and would disappear. UPS now reports that 16 million people are now MyChoice members.

Most receivers like to know when their shipments are on their way and when they will be delivered (MyChoice) and many also want the ability to leave delivery instructions or reroute to a location that allows them to pickup the package after normal work hours and weekends (Access Point). Both of these options combined allow the receiver to control how and when their shipments are delivered.

http://my.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/access-point-receiver.html
Almost all of them are just the free people who just joined to get text notifications. The value added stuff we've tried to sell people like 2 hour windows haven't been popular.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Folks have approached me that are unhappy that they pay for delivery to their house, but they have to drive to another destination to get their item.
I give them the 800# to express their unhappiness with this issue.
Give them the # of the local news outlets.

barnyard

KTM rider
I've had one and I got to the guy's house (on trace) an hour before the commit window and the diad locked me out. He was home and I could not figure out a way to override it and told him I'd be back in an hour. Waste of money.

Could you have scanned the package, prerecorded it and hit stop complete later?? I have never had a delivery with a commit window.

I do encourage people so sign up for MyChoice though. It allows electronic signatures so that I can leave meds in a chosen location.

Here, we have one Access Point and it is not a UPS store. The local store supposedly is not interested until after peak.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You take meetings with your center manager and management team during your route to discover stuff like this?
"take meetings" "during your route" ? I really don't know why I waste my time typing to you. It was mentioned at a PCM recently. Also We've been offering it for over a year and I'd be surprised if we could find two drivers on this board who have had one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've had one and I got to the guy's house (on trace) an hour before the commit window and the diad locked me out. He was home and I could not figure out a way to override it and told him I'd be back in an hour. Waste of money.

Did it have to be signed for? If not, I would have delivered the package and completed the stop using Find BC within the delivery window.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Could you have scanned the package, prerecorded it and hit stop complete later?? I have never had a delivery with a commit window.

I do encourage people so sign up for MyChoice though. It allows electronic signatures so that I can leave meds in a chosen location.

Here, we have one Access Point and it is not a UPS store. The local store supposedly is not interested until after peak.

I was thinking deliver the package and then use Find BC to complete the stop within the window.

Ms.PacMan

No, once you scan it a message pops up. I can't even remember if it let me arrow down. I'm sure prerecord was probably one of the things I tried if I did get into the pkg count screen.

Did it have to be signed for? If not, I would have delivered the package and completed the stop using Find BC within the delivery window.

I thought about that but it was my first one and I was afraid it might lock me out if GPS showed I was in the wrong location. The guy was okay with me leaving and I've never had another one.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I've had 2 of those 2 hour delivery window stops, it shows up in the DIAD with a 'D' next to the address. Since when have we offered that service? Those 2 have been in the last 2 months but in my previous 4 years of driving I never had one. I was wondering if customers are able to choose which 2 hours for the window because I have a route that does two and a half hours of pickups. If they picked a window during then I wouldn't be able to service them.

What about those exchange deliveries (marked with an 'X' next to the stop in the DIAD)? I remember having a DIAD training about those about 2 years ago. Had only 2 of those. After those two I never had another. I wonder if that service was also unpopular and discontinued?

Anyhow to stay on topic, I have pretty much the same gripe about access points that others mentioned in the thread before: the customer has no say in it. In the ORION briefing they tell us that our cost is higher than our competitors because of our superior service. Then in the same breath they turn and screw the customer out of a choice of having a reattempt. What happened to that superior customer service?