Access UPS uniform provides.

slantnosechevy

Dorkhead is right about the liability issue. You better be absolutely sure before you take the key. Had a driver fired for "stuff missing". Thankfully he was innocent and some kid who worked in the place after school was taking the stuff. The guy was doing himself a favor by having the key so he could make bonus. He gave the key back and we forced the company to adjust the pickups so he could make it while they were open. UPS drivers are flexable enough. They shouldn't be the ones taking chances to help the business.

thom1842

Since my center works late Air P/Us in the evening almost every route has about 1-5 key cards to get into buildings after they are closed. Government buildings, businesses, elevator access to an entire skyscraper, it is really amazing the amount of trust that people have in us.

As a bonus, it's really helped me learn spanish faster because they only people around at night are the cleaning crews!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was given the key as a result of the trust that the owner has developed with UPS.

And you will be one of the first people the Police will question when something suddenly comes up missing.
Over the last 24 years, I have had at least 10 companies offer me a key or garage door opener and have always refused. I don`t need the hassle and our center can handle the problem. That`s why they (message clerk) are there.

I guess that is just one of the many differences between the two of us. I will keep the key and take care of the customer while you will pass the buck and take care of yourself.

Your user name is very appropriate.

I guess that is just one of the many differences between the two of us. I will keep the key and take care of the customer while you will pass the buck and take care of yourself.

Come on now, UpState if one does not look out for themselves they sure can't expect anyone else to do so. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to take on the responsibility of a customers property(outside of the norm).
In fact a case could be made to insinuate that by taking the key one is only thinking of how easy it makes the situation for themselves. I personally would take the key or code, whatever, because it would make MY life easier as well as helping the customer. Then if any problem arose from this things would have to change.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have a key for a theatre. It was part of the deal in grabbing the ex-DHL volume. The packages have to be delivered and picked up on the first attempt. I had to sign a waiver and so did UPS. I'm not gonna spend my time worrying about what if. It is a stop I had trouble getting rid of and now it's easy.

I have a key for a theatre. It was part of the deal in grabbing the ex-DHL volume. The packages have to be delivered and picked up on the first attempt. I had to sign a waiver and so did UPS. I'm not gonna spend my time worrying about what if. It is a stop I had trouble getting rid of and now it's easy.
What was the wording of this waiver?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Not sure if it was a waiver but I had to sign saying I was recieving a set of keys and the Center Mgr had to sign. Having the cover driver lose the keys would be my only concern.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Dorkhead is right about the liability issue. You better be absolutely sure before you take the key. Had a driver fired for "stuff missing". Thankfully he was innocent and some kid who worked in the place after school was taking the stuff. The guy was doing himself a favor by having the key so he could make bonus. He gave the key back and we forced the company to adjust the pickups so he could make it while they were open. UPS drivers are flexable enough. They shouldn't be the ones taking chances to help the business.
My comment about your avatar..........RIP, Pontiac!

Since my center works late Air P/Us in the evening almost every route has about 1-5 key cards to get into buildings after they are closed. Government buildings, businesses, elevator access to an entire skyscraper, it is really amazing the amount of trust that people have in us.

As a bonus, it's really helped me learn spanish faster because they only people around at night are the cleaning crews!
Are you intimating, that all cleaning crews are Hispanic?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I can't believe how many people's houses that the residents have told me that the back door is usually open and to just set it inside, or that have given me their garage door numbers to let myself in. Even though I know these back doors are open, i still leave the packages outside. I've had some of them as why I still leave them outside when I know the door is open. I tell them that I don't want to take the chance that something goes missing in their house and they try and point fingers at the UPS guy. not gonna happen.

DorkHead

I`m not passing the buck. UPS can make the adjustment to service these customers. P/U time changes, DOL changes, drivers near the area. There are plenty of ways for service without liability or integrity becoming a issue.

Oh yeah, and that is my real name:wink2:
But you can call me MR. DORKHEAD:happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetheupsguy
Are you intimating, that all cleaning crews are Hispanic?

It seems certain nationality groups are drawn to certain jobs......Have you looked in a nail salon lately ???