Accident!! At driving school!!

Mr.Brown

Can some one please help? I went to driving school, and on the road test I was on a narrow street and my miror hit a pole, and the fragile bottom one broke!! They told me I was failed because of this, is this true? Also no accidentvrepirt was ever filled out!

drewed

Shankman
whhy the hell didnt you see the pole?
yea you dq'd yourself, theres nothing you can do about it, its an honest reason to fail you

outamyway

There wouldn't be an accident report unless you broke the pole and it hit someones car or head, something like that.

If what happened to you, happened to a driver with seniority they'd call it in(at least they should call it in) but not a whole lot is going to happen to them. Unless, you hit stuff all the time from day one of driving.

Because you are a driver in training they certainly can disqualify you for it. Sucks for sure. In six months you should be able to try again.

Last edited:

drewed

Shankman
There wouldn't be an accident report unless you broke the pole and it hit someones car or head, something like that.

If what happened to you, happened to a driver with seniority they'd call it in(at least they should call it in) but not a whole lots going to happen to them. Unless, you hit stuff all the time from day one of driving.

Because you are a driver in training they certainly can disqualify you for it. Sucks for sure. In six months you should be able to try again.

unless hes in the 705 then he has a llonnnnng waite, isnt that right RED:peaceful:

sano

Wow Mr. Brown
I don't even want to hear about things like this. I wish you the best.
Hang in there, next round will be the one.
Looking back from where alot of the drivers on this board are (10,15,20 years as a driver) this will be a small footnote, not the event that defines your career.
Oh and could you move that pole in case i take my driver school in the same location?:happy-very:

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Can some one please help? I went to driving school, and on the road test I was on a narrow street and my miror hit a pole, and the fragile bottom one broke!! They told me I was failed because of this, is this true? Also no accidentvrepirt was ever filled out!

I am so sorry for that to happen to you - driving school was two weeks ago for me, and the stress is still there - but you are unfortunately out of the race. I'm sorry.

You can go back - two of the people in my last class were repeats, and both passed. Don't beat yourself up over it, and be prepared for the next go 'round.

PS - Maryland? Who was the instructor driving with you?

Mr.Brown

I can't help but fell like a loser! It was on the last day that I broke the mirror,I was going for a article 22.3 job it involved air dirving. But I will manage thanks for all the support! Honestly, I was not expecting it, but it feels good to know that you guys care!

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I can't help but fell like a loser! It was on the last day that I broke the mirror,I was going for a article 22.3 job it involved air dirving. But I will manage thanks for all the support! Honestly, I was not expecting it, but it feels good to know that you guys care!

Where was the school? Who was instructor?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got disqualified for touching a traffic sign with my right mirror, it didn't crack it. This was back about 1981, the first time I bid into Package Car. My OnCar Supervisor was in the car with me on my last day of training. They used to take you out on the route and train you for five days. Back to the Hub I went. It stinks, but you can't hit stuff when you are out on the road. I am sure that you will get it the next time. I have learned a lot over the years from the School of Hard Knocks.:dissapointed:

johnhammer

Sorry to hear about your mishap, Yes they can... But you should know your not the first and you will not be the last. but hers a helpfully advice. when you get your next chance for a test, ask if you can practice in the lot on a Saturday with a driver to help you. Get use to size of the package car and relax. You will make it next time

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
A cover driver in my center brought back his pkg car with a huge hole in the left rear roof. It was literally peeled back about 2 feet back toward front. He parked it and left it when he was done. When he came in the next morning he was asked, what happened? He claimed he didn't do it and that he thinks the reload did it at night. He stuck to his story and they couldn't prove otherwise. Sorry that this won't work for you Brown, but it gave me a reason to tell a good story.:wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sorry to hear about your mishap, Yes they can... But you should know your not the first and you will not be the last. but hers a helpfully advice. when you get your next chance for a test, ask if you can practice in the lot on a Saturday with a driver to help you. Get use to size of the package car and relax. You will make it next time

Good advise...I used to do this for my people when they were bidding to go driving. It makes a big difference.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Try parking cars at a hub, now that's fun:happy-very:

Six inches of space on both sides? No problem.

Been there, done that. Six inches was a lot of space...more like 1 inch on each side.
They had the same guys who parked the cars go around and do touch-ups. That was good job security!:wink2: