Accident!! At driving school!!

drewed

Shankman
I agree with the last part but......
UPS doesnt determine this the contract does.....

I guess you expect us to believe that ups does not have any say in what goes into the contract.

i never said that, but im pretty sure we'd never get a contract ratified if UPS was allowed more time in the way it conducts safety discipline bc i guarantee if that got added we'd be adding the need to memorize the safety dribble verbatim and then while we're at it we migt as add the work performance standards so we can cut the dead weight that cant do the job (bc thats what every other company gets to do) and cut the saftey hazards

705red

Browncafe Steward
i never said that, but im pretty sure we'd never get a contract ratified if UPS was allowed more time in the way it conducts safety discipline bc i guarantee if that got added we'd be adding the need to memorize the safety dribble verbatim and then while we're at it we migt as add the work performance standards so we can cut the dead weight that cant do the job (bc thats what every other company gets to do) and cut the saftey hazards
Do you mean other non union companies? Ups can discipline for safety so what are you speaking of?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Why would the union refuse to allow this? You think it would be ups against it, because they would have to pay us safety time until we did.

Ups has never held a 10 point commentary class here so i could not tell you what they even pertain to.

The problem is that UPS wants us to study this stuff on our own time, no pay.
You're not familiar with the 10 point commentary?

Hedley_Lamarr

In our center, we had a on-car that was training a driver on a route, and for whatever reason the sup was driving. He got to a stop and decided to back down the driveway, which was totally unnecessary, because I've done this particular stop a hundred times and you do not need to back. As he was backing, he failed to notice the over-hang on the pizza joint next door. So this sup backed right into the overhang on the pizza joint, knocking a big hole in it. Pretty funny stuff....

drewed

Shankman
Why would the union refuse to allow this? You think it would be ups against it, because they would have to pay us safety time until we did.

Ups has never held a 10 point commentary class here so i could not tell you what they even pertain to.

SO youre telling me if they made a class taught it and made it mandatory that every union employee be able to recite it verbatim, and have you miss once you get worked with, second you get a warning letter, three your gone, youd be ok with that?
Because seriously if your game for that ill t'fer to chicago, because i get my ass reamed for my employees not being able to say a working knowledge if it.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Drewed we have to knoe the 5 seeing habits, space and visibility and i have never seen/heard of a driver not knowing it or being talked to for not knowing it.

You said that ups could not discipline for safety, which i beg to differ. Drivers get talked to all the time for not wearing a seat belt, not using the hand rails, steeping out of the truck with a full load in hand, walking up a driveway with their view blocked by what they are carrying. This is all safety related.

Now onto the 10 point commentary no i do not know it, ups has hazmat classes, space and vis etc, but not one 10 point commentary class. Maybe if my nights were not full of grievance filing i would glance at it.