accident in gated sub

UPS Lifer

Does the same hold true if I get in a wreck in a Mall parking lot or someones driveway or a trailer court?

All private property is the same. Besides the DOT, Each state has there own guidelines for reporting accidents based on property damage and injury. Little fender benders is where the driver is most vulnerable. At least you guys have cameras in your phones document everything. I can remember a lot of incidents where people tried to accuse my drivers of an accident and then visiting the scene or matching up the scrapes showed that the other driver was at fault.

SWORDFISH

I think that people mist my earlier comment. The law may vary by state but In my state you are not required to report such accidents if its on private property if you choose not to.:peaceful:

browned out

I'm not interested in winning some stupid argument about who to blame. I'm simply pointing out that the quote you provided clearly says the driver has the responsibility to immediately call. Someone told me to violate the law is not normally considered a very good defense in a court of law. I know you are hell bent on blaming the company for this gross violation of the law. Forgive me for being the voice of reason in pointing out that the driver could have some liability here.

The Driver has to work as directed. He should have total trust that UPS knows the traffic laws as they are in the business. Automatic firing; work as directed. Management surely would not lie and try to cover something up; would they?

How much does UPS get hit with $ for an accident that is reported. We were told to sheet damages or apparent damages as missed because UPS has to pay a certain amount whether the package is damaged or not.

browned out

What is going on with this case, has he been terminated officially and set for local hearing?

Back on the road next Monday. But with 2 avoidable accidents; one hit while parked and this one. I think if a tree falls on his truck within the nine month window; he will be done.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Back on the road next Monday. But with 2 avoidable accidents; one hit while parked and this one. I think if a tree falls on his truck within the nine month window; he will be done.

There is an apeals process to challenge the companies decision as to avoidability. Tell driver to get his steward and the two of them go to the center manager and request the information for apealing the company decision.

tieguy

Banned
The Driver has to work as directed. He should have total trust that UPS knows the traffic laws as they are in the business. Automatic firing; work as directed. Management surely would not lie and try to cover something up; would they?

How much does UPS get hit with $ for an accident that is reported. We were told to sheet damages or apparent damages as missed because UPS has to pay a certain amount whether the package is damaged or not.

I didnt realize I had the power to tell drivers to violate the law. :rofl:

I guess the other question would be who is at fault and should the other driver have reported the accident since she caused the accident. browned out as a citizen cognizant of a crime you have an obligation to report both drivers to the authorities. Please lead by example and report them immediately. let us know how it turns out.

browned out

I didnt realize I had the power to tell drivers to violate the law. :rofl:

I guess the other question would be who is at fault and should the other driver have reported the accident since she caused the accident. browned out as a citizen cognizant of a crime you have an obligation to report both drivers to the authorities. Please lead by example and report them immediately. let us know how it turns out.

Management thinks they have the right to violate the contract and also the law. Start time is 11:00, next day air in your board already scanned; don't touch board until you deliver it then it won't show up late. see previous posts for more examples

I don't know how you made into management if you did not know one of UPS's major philosophies. The fundamental belief is that the law only applies to UPS when it works to our advantage. (See millions of dollars in OSHA fines,etc) As Tricky Dick Nixon stated "it's not illegal when the president does it" The at fault part is not stated in the law; only "a driver involved" as I was not but my management team was . There was a 72 hour window to report this to the police; I presented center manager and full time sups with copies of the law within that 72 hours. I think their comprehension and reading levels are at least 8th grade. I watched them read it and the center manager even told me thanks for the info.

There is a procedure that all Management teams follow on a tier3 or higher accident. I do not know what it is but I am pretty sure you do. I am sure it is first call the District Manager or at least someone higher than the center manager. That person or process probably tells them to leave the police out if at all possible, tell our driver that they are physically ok and not advise them to go to the emergency room. There are $ amounts and other #s UPS is trying to keep down. You know the procedure; I do not nor do I pretend to.

Please enlighten us.

tieguy

Banned
Management thinks they have the right to violate the contract and also the law. Start time is 11:00, next day air in your board already scanned; don't touch board until you deliver it then it won't show up late. see previous posts for more examples

I don't know how you made into management if you did not know one of UPS's major philosophies. The fundamental belief is that the law only applies to UPS when it works to our advantage. (See millions of dollars in OSHA fines,etc) As Tricky Dick Nixon stated "it's not illegal when the president does it" The at fault part is not stated in the law; only "a driver involved" as I was not but my management team was . There was a 72 hour window to report this to the police; I presented center manager and full time sups with copies of the law within that 72 hours. I think their comprehension and reading levels are at least 8th grade. I watched them read it and the center manager even told me thanks for the info.

There is a procedure that all Management teams follow on a tier3 or higher accident. I do not know what it is but I am pretty sure you do. I am sure it is first call the District Manager or at least someone higher than the center manager. That person or process probably tells them to leave the police out if at all possible, tell our driver that they are physically ok and not advise them to go to the emergency room. There are $ amounts and other #s UPS is trying to keep down. You know the procedure; I do not nor do I pretend to.

Please enlighten us.

one common tactic lugheads like yourself try is to come up with a change of direction once they got whipped. In your case you then tried to change the color of your font as if you thought it might add the logic your words are otherwise missing.

I'm sorry I won't bite on your change of direction.

you have been screaming about violations of law here. since you have knowledge you have the obligation to report the violation of law. especially true since you're trying to grab the moral high ground here.

did you report the two drivers to the authorities? how did it turn out?

browned out

one common tactic lugheads like yourself try is to come up with a change of direction once they got whipped. In your case you then tried to change the color of your font as if you thought it might add the logic your words are otherwise missing.

I'm sorry I won't bite on your change of direction.

you have been screaming about violations of law here. since you have knowledge you have the obligation to report the violation of law. especially true since you're trying to grab the moral high ground here.

did you report the two drivers to the authorities? how did it turn out?

The first thing I did was ask my center manager about the accident on the day it occurred. We were both leaving the building after 9PM as I did part of affected drivers route and he had many hoops to jump thru. I asked him what happened and if anyone was ticketed or what the police had to say? He responded; we did not have to call the police because it was in a gated community. Does he just make up as he goes along or is he instructed by his superiors to use the method.

1 State law. accidents over $1000 reported to police no matter where they happen.
2. State law. Teen driver progression. Driver needed to be ticketed and more training required or extended probation.
Next time this kid runs over a toddler chasing a ball which should have been prevented.
3. The community was only gated on one entrance the other side is open to public.

Management team had ample time to make the right decision here. They chose not to take the high road. They knew all or many of these violations before it was presented to them in black and white.

I am sure I am on the high road on this one. Ethically and literally as I am driving around in circles on Pikes Peak on my mountain bike.

Please post the procedure you as management are to follow in the event of feeder accident or package car accident as I am sure UPS has instructed you how to proceed in different accident scenarios.

tieguy

Banned
The first thing I did was ask my center manager about the accident on the day it occurred. We were both leaving the building after 9PM as I did part of affected drivers route and he had many hoops to jump thru. I asked him what happened and if anyone was ticketed or what the police had to say? He responded; we did not have to call the police because it was in a gated community. Does he just make up as he goes along or is he instructed by his superiors to use the method.

1 State law. accidents over $1000 reported to police no matter where they happen.
2. State law. Teen driver progression. Driver needed to be ticketed and more training required or extended probation.
Next time this kid runs over a toddler chasing a ball which should have been prevented.
3. The community was only gated on one entrance the other side is open to public.

Management team had ample time to make the right decision here. They chose not to take the high road. They knew all or many of these violations before it was presented to them in black and white.

I am sure I am on the high road on this one. Ethically and literally as I am driving around in circles on Pikes Peak on my mountain bike.

Please post the procedure you as management are to follow in the event of feeder accident or package car accident as I am sure UPS has instructed you how to proceed in different accident scenarios.

what you didnt report this crime? but you wish to badmouth others that also did not report the crime? I can't see you through the computer what kind of dance is that you're executing?

browned out

It is because I am not smart; you got me. I am dancing with a helmet on so I don't hurt myself and occasionally pushing my face against the window. I will post so you can see me.

What is management's excuse?

Again please post procedure you got nothing to hide. We all love ya kiddo.

browned out

that would mean you got your but kicked by either gomer or goober here.

you make that phone call yet my concerned citizen?

Yes; I am hurting from the butt kicking from the dynamic duo; no batman but Robin and Batgirl seem to be your alter egos.

No, I did not call the police. 72 hour window is passed, I did not call the local media or my mom or your mom either.

Now please answer the question about the procedure when accidents occur.

tieguy

Banned
Yes; I am hurting from the butt kicking from the dynamic duo; no batman but Robin and Batgirl seem to be your alter egos.

No, I did not call the police. 72 hour window is passed, I did not call the local media or my mom or your mom either.

Now please answer the question about the procedure when accidents occur.

What! you didn't make the call? you're now an accessory to this horrid crime. I'm afraid I'm done with you now . I don't associate with known criminals. Goodbye.