Accident near 81st Str Hub - Indy on Fri. Oct 9,2015

Observer

Does anyone know anything more other than the limited information put out by the news media? Around 11p.m. a UPS tractor was involved in a fatality and the intersection (79th & Zionsville Rd) was closed for several hours because the fiber optics pole was down. A person in a dark blue car was killed. The news media doesn't mention the person by name and stated that the UPS tractor caused the collision. Since the shift change is around this time was wondering if the person who was killed also worked at UPS. There is very little about this accident. Does anyone else in Indy know any other details?

lowats

Does anyone know anything more other than the limited information put out by the news media? Around 11p.m. a UPS tractor was involved in a fatality and the intersection (79th & Zionsville Rd) was closed for several hours because the fiber optics pole was down. A person in a dark blue car was killed. The news media doesn't mention the person by name and stated that the UPS tractor caused the collision. Since the shift change is around this time was wondering if the person who was killed also worked at UPS. There is very little about this accident. Does anyone else in Indy know any other details?

I work at that UPS on night shift, the guy killed worked at my 2nd job for a semi auction company near beach grove. Guy who was killed name was fred, & from what I was told it was his birthday. Unsure if he was drinking but he pulled off 79th onto Zionsville in front of that feeder driver...

FeeDerp

Feeder driver driving north on Zionsville road coming up to a flashing yellow. Two cars come up to that intersection with the flashing red light. First car stopped at red light and second car just blindly followed the first car resulting in the feeder driver t-boning it.

Haven't read any reports or articles, this is just what the other drivers were saying and what was gathered from pics and what not

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Feeder driver driving north on Zionsville road coming up to a flashing yellow. Two cars come up to that intersection with the flashing red light. First car stopped at red light and second car just blindly followed the first car resulting in the feeder driver t-boning it.

Haven't read any reports or articles, this is just what the other drivers were saying and what was gathered from pics and what not

Based solely on what you posted our guy did not properly clear the intersection.

FeeDerp

Based solely on what you posted our guy did not properly clear the intersection.

I doubt that. Pretty sure it was coded as non preventable as well.

From reading the ups report on it and knowing where it happened, it sounded like the car thought it was red both ways or just completely blew it.

Off topic side note, a deer was scattered into a thousand pieces on the road and I could hear it hit the back of the cab. Not gunna clean it off for the next guy LOL

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Can you for once in your pathetic life not try and be a UPS traffic crash investigator? Do you ever know when to just STFU?

Don't you already know the answer to that? His job here is to provide the perspective from an annoying supervisor's view. He does his job very well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are the two of you saying that our properly cleared that intersection and did everything he could to avoid that accident?

He T-boned him which tells me the other car was already in the box when he was hit.

Based solely on what was posted above our guy was at fault.

Johney

Are the two of you saying that our properly cleared that intersection and did everything he could to avoid that accident?

He T-boned him which tells me the other car was already in the box when he was hit.

Based solely on what was posted above our guy was at fault.
What I'm saying is even based on what was said above, YOU have no clue what happened. Was he pulling a fully loaded set? How fast was he going and what was the speed limit? Have you ever tried to stop a fully loaded set when some a-whole decides to pull out in front of you even after they come to a complete stop at a red light then realize they don't have enough time? Well Dave? I didn't think so.
For that matter have you ever drove a tractor? I didn't think so, Well here's a tip for you Dave they don't stop all that quick even bob tailing. But I thought you would know that seeing as you think you know everything.
Maybe just once Dave you can let traffic investigating get done by the pros not some.....wannabe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Where are you even getting this info?

Feeder driver did not properly clear intersection.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Feeder driver did not properly clear intersection.
Yawn.gif~c200