Accident Rate

overflowed

So I saw a report from management and year over year express is way up. My district is anyway. If you're seeing the same what do you all think is the prime factor in the rise? I know what my thoughts are on this but am curious what you think would cause this. Please chime in, and what I read it wasn't just new employees.

Hate 150lb Packages

You Express guys be safe out there. friend fred and his numbers. Customer service is one thing, but not when it compromises safety. Be slow and make him pay you all the OT you can. Stay safe.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So I saw a report from management and year over year express is way up. My district is anyway. If you're seeing the same what do you all think is the prime factor in the rise? I know what my thoughts are on this but am curious what you think would cause this. Please chime in, and what I read it wasn't just new employees.

Easy. Talk about "safety" all the time and then force employees into situations where it's difficult to actually be safe. After you tell them to be "safe" (again), threaten them with discipline if they don't move fast enough. That create a very unsafe environment.

Goldilocks

DRA extends routes to areas that are unknown to drivers. They are having to follow the dots on the map. Driving and reading a map is a recipe for disaster.

bbsam

Staff member
The race to the bottom is nearing the finish line.
Call it what you will. Race to the bottom, devaluation of the workforce, shaping of the sector, squeezing of the middle class.... One thing is certain. Companies have reconfigured goals, methods, deviations, and acceptable losses all with the molding of maximum profit for shareholders being of prime importance.

MAKAVELI

The race to the bottom is nearing the finish line.
Call it what you will. Race to the bottom, devaluation of the workforce, shaping of the sector, squeezing of the middle class.... One thing is certain. Companies have reconfigured goals, methods, deviations, and acceptable losses all with the molding of maximum profit for shareholders being of prime importance.
Call it what you will. We see it as the beginning of the end.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, because their trying to make us work like ground!!!
Fascinating. I was under the impression that the tatted up knuckle dragging pierced pin cushions from Ground simply weren't up to the task of package delivery. Now you are saying something completely different

thedownhillEXPRESS

Fascinating. I was under the impression that the tatted up knuckle dragging pierced pin cushions from Ground simply weren't up to the task of package delivery. Now you are saying something completely different

You completly missed my point, they want us to work like ground, you know, don't obey traffic signals, speed limits, run down people, etc..
Need to hit that 10%!!

bbsam

Staff member
You completly missed my point, they want us to work like ground, you know, don't obey traffic signals, speed limits, run down people, etc..
Need to hit that 10%!!
I have gotten your point year after year. It has always been that Ground never measures up. Seems now Express doesn't measure up either only in not measuring up, you aren't very profitable.

DontThrowPackages

The supposed superiority of the Express courier continues to unravel. We're all Ground now.

Not yet, we still have month long vacations, sickdays, personal and floats. And, although meager, we still have health insurance and retirement plans. If or when they take those benefits away we can say we're all Ground now.;)

Goldilocks

I wish Express would have never sold their soul to the devils.....