Accident Rate

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Starting to dance in a circle now. The thread was about Express' increase in accident frequency.

I already said that it's easy to see why the accident rate is up at Express, and that's due to compromising safety by overemphasizing productivity. Safety is just a word at Express...a word with no meaning.

MAKAVELI

Starting to dance in a circle now. The thread was about Express' increase in accident frequency.

I already said that it's easy to see why the accident rate is up at Express, and that's due to compromising safety by overemphasizing productivity. Safety is just a word at Express...a word with no meaning.
A word they hardly use anymore at my station. Our trucks are starting to look like those beat up ontrac trucks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A word they hardly use anymore at my station. Our trucks are starting to look like those beat up ontrac trucks.

I saw the OnTrac guy yesterday driving around with his 10-12 year old kid, who was his runner making deliveries. Totally professional. I have also seen Ground do this, which isn't really surprising.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ground holds opportunity meetings every Tuesday and Thursday during recess at the local elementary schools.

Hate 150lb Packages

They had a job fair at my 8th grade graduation. McDonalds, Burger King, and the elite Dominos Pizza sign spinning team were pushing hard for me, but I picked ground in the end. I can hardly believe it's been a year since then.

MAKAVELI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEYEBhM-yWI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Another one of Ground's finest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwVeV2sqmMU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
This is hilarious!

STFXG

Ground requires 1 year of driving experience to be qualified. What's the requirement at express?

Maybe the accident rates are going up because theres no required experience. The job and benefits aren't what they used to be. Both those factors would lead to a lower quality pool of couriers. Add on increased productivity being pushed. Pretty easy to see why safe driving has diminished and accident rates will continue to rise.

bbsam

Staff member

Since there is no card signing so to speak, maybe you could make a real difference and conduct safety awareness meetings. No reason an Express truck HAS to wipeout a schoo bus.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ground requires 1 year of driving experience to be qualified. What's the requirement at express?

Maybe the accident rates are going up because theres no required experience. The job and benefits aren't what they used to be. Both those factors would lead to a lower quality pool of couriers. Add on increased productivity being pushed. Pretty easy to see why safe driving has diminished and accident rates will continue to rise.

Ground requires a pulse and breathing. A brain is optional, but seldom present. Your "driving" requirement is a joke and you know it. Keep on trying to defend the ridiculous lie that is Ground.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Since there is no card signing so to speak, maybe you could make a real difference and conduct safety awareness meetings. No reason an Express truck HAS to wipeout a schoo bus.

Your dumbest post...ever. A plodding, straightlining Ground driver has almost no pressure on them to perform in comparison to an Express courier. Your ignorance of the difference in the 2 jobs is readily apparent and it is painfully obvious that you have zero comprehension of the threats and games being played with Express drivers in an attempt to make them faster. They are already at light speed in comparison to the Ground clown, but that isn't good enough for Smith. He will kill and maim until he gets his effing 10%. And you're good with that because it synchs with what you are all about...profit.

bbsam

Staff member
MFE

Your rants are becoming quite long in the tooth and woefully inaccurate. You become ever more frantic in your gesticulating protestations of an inherent superiority of an Express courier and it simply doesn't work. You would have me believe that the difference is such that when an Express courier has an accident it is because of impossible pressure being exerted by micromanaging number crunchers from Memphis. However, when a Ground driver is involved in a fender bender, it's because he's hopped up on speed to get over his hangover from the party he was at the night before at the local piercing parlor. Now that's all fun to play with, but I think you are putting far too much faith in your own stereotypes and more and more people around here are beginning to see you as an unhinged zealot of a long expired quest. Express isn't going to unionize. Bashing Ground won't change that. Waving your hands in impotent fury at Fred S won't change that. WAD won't do that. Your noble Quixotic tale is becoming jaded in hyperbole and devoid of fact. Why? You have some good points to be made but they get lost in the hatred. Why? Have you forsaken any connection to reason to ascend to the putrid papacy of pathetic propaganda? Such demonizing and grandstanding will have its appeal for a.few. Ultimately though, it goes nowhere and does nothing.

texan

MFE

Your rants are becoming quite long in the tooth and woefully inaccurate. You become ever more frantic in your gesticulating protestations of an inherent superiority of an Express courier and it simply doesn't work. You would have me believe that the difference is such that when an Express courier has an accident it is because of impossible pressure being exerted by micromanaging number crunchers from Memphis. However, when a Ground driver is involved in a fender bender, it's because he's hopped up on speed to get over his hangover from the party he was at the night before at the local piercing parlor. Now that's all fun to play with, but I think you are putting far too much faith in your own stereotypes and more and more people around here are beginning to see you as an unhinged zealot of a long expired quest. Express isn't going to unionize. Bashing Ground won't change that. Waving your hands in impotent fury at Fred S won't change that. WAD won't do that. Your noble Quixotic tale is becoming jaded in hyperbole and devoid of fact. Why? You have some good points to be made but they get lost in the hatred. Why? Have you forsaken any connection to reason to ascend to the putrid papacy of pathetic propaganda? Such demonizing and grandstanding will have its appeal for a.few. Ultimately though, it goes nowhere and does nothing.

I had to look a few of those words up.:imok: