Accident?

DS

Fenderbender
I honestly didn't know that I hit it,.................................... I didn't even hear anything when I backed.................................... just wish I would have gotten out to double check myself.

Just being picky...if you didn't know you hit it,why would the thought cross your mind to get out and check ?

averageguy

Just being picky...if you didn't know you hit it,why would the thought cross your mind to get out and check ?

That thought didn't cross my mind until I got the call informing me that a woman called in on me. Then I could have just knocked on her door informing her and maybe by some slim chance she would have forgave me, since it wasn't major. But seeing as I just rolled off it makes it seem like I had no disregard whatsoever, which is understandable.

menotyou

bella amicizia
How would you know what woman called? What if she was lurking in her home and you didn't see her? What if she was across the street having coffee at the neighbor's?

cooper

seriously when a full-time job comes up - all the part-timers will bid on it. The one with the most building seniority will get the job. They can't use a minor incident against you. So if you are next in line for the full-time job that would be you. I would though recommend that form here on in be a yes man and keep your attendance clean. Others might say it won't payoff - I on the other hand believe it will.
Although I'm in Ontario, Canada I do believe the rules are similar maybe Iam wrong!!!

cooper

I do understand how you could hit somehting and not know - trucks are load focusing on next time - always in a rush. I'm facing the same thing right now been I have been terminated and I'm fighintg for my job. Interview tomorrow with the regional manager and my sup and the union I can't wait to get back on the job. Been off with no pay for 2 weeks and it was a minor incident one I didn't even know that happened until the next day!!!

averageguy

I do understand how you could hit somehting and not know - trucks are load focusing on next time - always in a rush. I'm facing the same thing right now been I have been terminated and I'm fighintg for my job. Interview tomorrow with the regional manager and my sup and the union I can't wait to get back on the job. Been off with no pay for 2 weeks and it was a minor incident one I didn't even know that happened until the next day!!!

What did you hit?

cooper

I hit some other guys bumping pulling out of a spot. Now I don't remember this happening - I have a clean record - my sup suggested that I just do a ride along and do a drive test again but the regional manager has terminated me. I have been off work since Dec1/11, like I said I stand fighting for my job never absence, and always on time with a clean record. No one witnessed an accident yet I hit someone with less then 500.00 damage. Customer called in the next day to complain now I'm stuck putting the pieces back together. The worst hit is my reputation - I'm not one to tell lies or run from the truth!!

But then again I'm from Canada our rules might be different than yours.

Leftinbuilding

That thought didn't cross my mind until I got the call informing me that a woman called in on me. Then I could have just knocked on her door informing her and maybe by some slim chance she would have forgave me, since it wasn't major. But seeing as I just rolled off it makes it seem like I had no disregard whatsoever, which is understandable.

Never try to work out an agreement on your own. Always report accidents no matter how minor. Seen too many lose their job because they thought they had worked out an agreement with someone, only to have them decide later to call in. Most of the time you are safe if you simply follow the rules.

DS

Fenderbender
Cooper I'm Canadian too,if you have a good record you should get your job back,
Don't stress out.Enjoy the break.

rocket man

o
When you went back I hope you took a picture of the damage with you phone to compare with that of you management team gets when they go out to do there investigation.

Customers will blame UPS for anything and everything. Maybe the Fed Ex guy hit the fence, or the lady herself and doesn't want her husband to find out. Maybe you hit the fence however if your following the back rules you should know if you did or not. It one thing to hit something and know it and another thing to hit something so lightly and not realize it.
jnonomnono

over9five

Staff member
I hit some other guys bumping pulling out of a spot. Now I don't remember this happening - I have a clean record - my sup suggested that I just do a ride along and do a drive test again but the regional manager has terminated me. I have been off work since Dec1/11, .

I find it incredible you got fired for something so minor during Peak. They don't fire anyone during Peak. Is there more to the story?

cooper

Nope that was the whole story - had a meeting today and got back to work after a termination letter and almost 2 weeks off with now pay.

Re-Raise

I find it incredible you got fired for something so minor during Peak. They don't fire anyone during Peak. Is there more to the story?

Maybe they don't give gifts for Christmas in Canada because they already have everything they could ever want... just ask Klein