Accident

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I would agree with the other comments here. You kind just have to take your medicine. Sure, it sucks getting beat down by someone who could find their way out of the inside of a package car, or would need a adult diaper driving in the snow. The bigger point here is just slow down, think things through, and don't let the maroon's performance pressure get to you. Because this is a edge-sharp example of why. They will push-push you about your numbers, but as soon as something like this happens, they forget all about your numbers and suddenly start the safety pummeling. I would calmly--very calmly--explain that you've learned from this experience. You've learned that you need to slow down to access every situation in front of you and not get caught up in rushing around so much.

1pocket73

I know for a fact that there is a guy driving in my center that will get a Dq after his 30
Until that day they are letting him drive
So you are saying that they could very well be using me until my 30 are up and then DQ me?How do you know for certain that he is getting DQed?

jaker

trolling
So you are saying that they could very well be using me until my 30 are up and then DQ me?How do you know for certain that he is getting DQed?
Yes they could be using you till you are up , that's why I ask if you was still in your 30 days

Seen them do it at my hub before a few times

iowa boy

We have one in our center right now. He's in his 30 day qualifying right now, but they are only using him when volume is heavy enough. A bunch of us, myself included have told him they will use and abuse him up til his 89th day and then tell him he didn't qualify and will have to do it all over again. What a way to get cheap labor....

QKRSTKR

That's crap. I don't think they can dq him because of the accident. If they dq him they'll have to come up with another reason, which I'm sure they could. We had a guy bust a mirror in his 30 days. He did not drive one day after that. Don't even know if they let him finish out the day.

If they do dq you because of the accident at your 30 days, I would talk to your BA right away.

PS. It was a tough day out there for him and it was grass. Had it been a decent day without 8 inches of snow it wouldn't have happened. He thought he was on the pavement. Not like he ran into somebody.

It also costs UPS money to train people. If he s a good new driver, that helps too.

Yes they could be using you till you are up , that's why I ask if you was still in your 30 days

Seen them do it at my hub before a few times
First are you a casual or a Pt to Ft, Second it's an accident when damage is done to ups or another's property, third your mc can't fire you after he put's you back on the road. Two things could happen, he doesn't report the accident which he did because you got a letter in the mail or he likes you and wants to keep you and it's easy for him to keep you if no one from the school calls ups for a claim. I think you will be fine if not talk to a bc if still not talk to a lawyer. Good luck!

jaker

trolling
First are you a casual or a Pt to Ft, Second it's an accident when damage is done to ups or another's property, third your mc can't fire you after he put's you back on the road. Two things could happen, he doesn't report the accident which he did because you got a letter in the mail or he likes you and wants to keep you and it's easy for him to keep you if no one from the school calls ups for a claim. I think you will be fine if not talk to a bc if still not talk to a lawyer. Good luck!
They can dang near do anything they want to him in his first 30 days , this was a accident it is up to them if they wanted to DQ right after or at his 30 day mark

DS

Fenderbender
Re: Interesting

I know that he had me sheet the last 7 stops as EC,so yes,it would be.
Buddy,if this ever happens again,don't give up so easily.Speaking from experience.
You could've got out of that without calling the center.You just gave up too soon.
The damage to the grass would be unnoticeable due to the frozen ground.

QKRSTKR

Re: Interesting

Brings up a good point. I don't know where you are at in the country, but looks like you get snow. We have chains in our package cars to use if we get stuck. I bet those would have worked. I got stuck a few years ago and got out. Borrowed snow shovel and used chains. Darn cul-de-sac.

DS

Fenderbender
No chains allowed in Canada and I have never called the center because I'm stuck in 23 years.
Oh I got stuck sometimes,but with perseverance I always find a way to get goin' again.

They can dang near do anything they want to him in his first 30 days , taccidental accident it is up to them if they wanted to DQ right after or at his 30 day mark
If he makes his book he is good. In my local if this happens you get fired the next morning or they keep you. I've never seen some work after an accident and then get fired when his or her thirty days are up for the same accident. But if the do want him gone before the thirty days good luck, he doesn't have enough experience to the job right for the company liking. Like I said good luck if that's the case.

1pocket73

They can dang near do anything they want to him in his first 30 days , taccidental accident it is up to them if they wanted to DQ right after or at his 30 day mark
If he makes his book he is good. In my local if this happens you get fired the next morning or they keep you. I've never seen some work after an accident and then get fired when his or her thirty days are up for the same accident. But if the do want him gone before the thirty days good luck, he doesn't have enough experience to the job right for the company liking. Like I said good luck if that's the case.
What do mean by "make my book"?

No chains allowed in Canada and I have never called the center because I'm stuck in 23 years.Oh I got stuck sometimes,but with perseverance I always find a way to get goin' again.
Do you canada boys and girls have union problems like the us boys and girls do?

cino321

I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm going to go on the limb here and say the only reason they called the accident in is because they were worried about any liability from the property you damaged (in this case grass).

Doesn't even seem like you got beat up that much. In the future, 6" or more snow, you have to put your guard up with the newer package cars. These things are terrible in the snow.