Accidents and oopsies

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Upser0722, Oct 29, 2014.

What should I do?

1. Don't say anything

8 vote(s)
  2. Tell the ctr

15 vote(s)
  1. Upser0722

Upser0722 New Member

I want to know if you were in a accident or you hit something ? What's the process? Today I was backing up and was gonna turn and I bump a car that was on side walk and I panic and left it was wasn't a huge hit or anything it was just a tap should I be worried no one seen I was doing EAMs
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

So you didn't call anyone or leave a note on the car? (Why was the car parked on the sidewalk?) With all of the security cameras around you have got to be upfront and honest about everything that you do----if you bump a car you man up and admit it.

If you have not heard anything about it by now you are probably in the clear but in the future you need to do the right thing.

I voted "don't say anything" because it is clearly too late to tell anyone at the center. You would be terminated for failure to report an accident in a timely manner.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Smells like a trollish thread.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

IF they catch wind of it now you will be fired with very little chance of getting your job back.
  5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

was the other car damaged or did you not even bother to check?
  6. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

If you "oopsied" my pickup, and somebody saw it, you would be in a world of hurt. Cross your fingers and pray.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Upser0722

Upser0722 New Member

I mean it wasn't a Big Bang or nothing were I did damage I was backing up slowly and the side of my car rubbed on back corner of the car my truck didn't have no damage or nothing but I panic and scared :censored2:less so I left I know it wasn't the best thing to do I'm almost gng full time and I need this position and can't loose this opportunity I just feel like :censored2: right now
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

Put yourself in the shoes of the owner of the car you dinged and didn't have the common courtesy to at least leave a note.

You will have a sleepless night and I don't feel the least bit sorry for you.
  9. CaliforniaPaul

CaliforniaPaul Active Member

oopsies? your gone!
  10. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

This guy leaves the scene of an accident and calls no one and the news is trying to crucify a driver for rolling a package out a door? :rolleyes2:
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

It is 7:53 pm (ET) on 10/29/14.

I just wanted to note the date and time that you and I were in agreement.
  12. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

But, you certainly scratched the paint on the other car.

This isn't 30 years ago when you could 'rub' a chrome bumper with no damage. Somebody is probably p*ssed and trying to find out what happened.
  13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If you had called it in immediately there wouldn't be a problem. Call anything thing in that you even remotely question.
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

We had a guy call in an accident 40 minutes after it happened. He was terminated and sat at home for about a week.
  15. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

This is what keeps people from calling in sometimes.

You freak out immediately after it happens. Thirty minutes later you're thinking more rationally and know you should call it in. However you don't because you know you'll be fired.
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

He was trying to do what he could to appease the homeowner.
  17. Upser0722

Upser0722 New Member

It was a older car with bumper I didn't hit it with back bumper it was more the side of da truck since its long it rubbed
  18. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

You call as soon as it happens!!!

Property can be replaced, your driving job can't.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Upser0722

Upser0722 New Member

What can I do now? Will it be too late ?
  20. UpstateNYUPSer

It is after 9pm here on the East Coast so there is little to nothing that you can do right now. When you go in to work tomorrow morning you have two choices: fess up or keep quiet. At this point, and it really pains me to say this, it may be best to keep quiet.