Accidents and oopsies

What should I do?

• Don't say anything

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Tell the ctr

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

Upser0722

I want to know if you were in a accident or you hit something ? What's the process? Today I was backing up and was gonna turn and I bump a car that was on side walk and I panic and left it was wasn't a huge hit or anything it was just a tap should I be worried no one seen I was doing EAMs

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you didn't call anyone or leave a note on the car? (Why was the car parked on the sidewalk?) With all of the security cameras around you have got to be upfront and honest about everything that you do----if you bump a car you man up and admit it.

If you have not heard anything about it by now you are probably in the clear but in the future you need to do the right thing.

I voted "don't say anything" because it is clearly too late to tell anyone at the center. You would be terminated for failure to report an accident in a timely manner.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I want to know if you were in a accident or you hit something ? What's the process? Today I was backing up and was gonna turn and I bump a car that was on side walk and I panic and left it was wasn't a huge hit or anything it was just a tap should I be worried no one seen I was doing EAMs
was the other car damaged or did you not even bother to check?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

If you "oopsied" my pickup, and somebody saw it, you would be in a world of hurt. Cross your fingers and pray.

Upser0722

So you didn't call anyone or leave a note on the car? (Why was the car parked on the sidewalk?) With all of the security cameras around you have got to be upfront and honest about everything that you do----if you bump a car you man up and admit it.

If you have not heard anything about it by now you are probably in the clear but in the future you need to do the right thing.

I voted "don't say anything" because it is clearly too late to tell anyone at the center. You would be terminated for failure to report an accident in a timely manner.
I mean it wasn't a Big Bang or nothing were I did damage I was backing up slowly and the side of my car rubbed on back corner of the car my truck didn't have no damage or nothing but I panic and scared :censored2:less so I left I know it wasn't the best thing to do I'm almost gng full time and I need this position and can't loose this opportunity I just feel like :censored2: right now

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Put yourself in the shoes of the owner of the car you dinged and didn't have the common courtesy to at least leave a note.

You will have a sleepless night and I don't feel the least bit sorry for you.

CaliforniaPaul

I mean it wasn't a Big Bang or nothing were I did damage I was backing up slowly and the side of my car rubbed on back corner of the car my truck didn't have no damage or nothing but I panic and scared :censored2:less so I left I know it wasn't the best thing to do I'm almost gng full time and I need this position and can't loose this opportunity I just feel like :censored2: right now
oopsies? your gone!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

But, you certainly scratched the paint on the other car.

This isn't 30 years ago when you could 'rub' a chrome bumper with no damage. Somebody is probably p*ssed and trying to find out what happened.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a guy call in an accident 40 minutes after it happened. He was terminated and sat at home for about a week.
This is what keeps people from calling in sometimes.

You freak out immediately after it happens. Thirty minutes later you're thinking more rationally and know you should call it in. However you don't because you know you'll be fired.

Upser0722

But, you certainly scratched the paint on the other car.

This isn't 30 years ago when you could 'rub' a chrome bumper with no damage. Somebody is probably p*ssed and trying to find out what happened.
It was a older car with bumper I didn't hit it with back bumper it was more the side of da truck since its long it rubbed

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What can I do now? Will it be too late ?

It is after 9pm here on the East Coast so there is little to nothing that you can do right now. When you go in to work tomorrow morning you have two choices: fess up or keep quiet. At this point, and it really pains me to say this, it may be best to keep quiet.