Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Colieolie2, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Colieolie2

Colieolie2 New Member

Does anyone know what the accident policy is for fedexpress
  2. 2manyP1L8

2manyP1L8 New Member

Report incident to manager. Fill out accident report at station. Wait for your OLCC.
  3. Colieolie2

Colieolie2 New Member

So even if its my second one and do I still have at least a good chance of keeping my job maybe I'm over thinking it
  4. Colieolie2

Colieolie2 New Member

Or do I just start looking for a new job
  5. HedleyLamarr

HedleyLamarr Member

Think I saw in another thread something about FedEx having a point system for drivers. At fault accidents are 5 pts each. Once you hit 12 pts, you can no longer drive. So two accidents would put you close to the 12 pts, but not over.

As a new employee, my understanding of policy is limited; what I posted above is based entirely from what others have posted on this forum, so please take it with a grain of salt.

How much time between accidents?
  6. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

They've changed the policy several times over the years.

Last I heard was 3 preventable accidents in a year and you're removed from driving.

Could be different now.
  7. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

That's never a bad idea.
  8. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

3 accidents in a rolling calendar year is automatic termination. If you had 1 already, they should have given you a copy of the policy.
  9. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

There, I fixed it for you.
  10. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

To add to the conversation, you should really think about changing your profile picture.
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Why? Are you saying that she's not very attractive?
  12. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Just a bit of advice. I don't like seeing people get in trouble for policies they may or may not have been aware of or for posting on sites that are monitored by management.
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Good advice.
  14. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Cool story, bro.

I forgot, you work for FedEx, right? You know, the place we don't have a union to represent us.
  15. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

Stop. You're scaring the children.
  16. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Sure. Have an accident, it's your fault because you should have anticipated the meteor that struck your vehicle.
  17. Sparky

Sparky Member

Shouldn't have parked in the spot and should have consulted NASA with the most recent report of the skies.
  18. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Exactly. This company is unbelievable. I'm not sure which is more of a joke, determining "fault" for injuries or accidents.
  19. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

It is always "doing everything possible to avoid the accident, up to. and including anticipating the hazard". That gives them a very broad range to blame you. You might want to keep that in mind when reporting an incident/accident.

I've only seen people canned after two if it's a gross safety violation, like doing 25 over and then crashing.

You are now on the bubble.