Accounting Department out of control

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Mine is one were we go out and take care of the customer and we don't play games because some finance nazi locked out the uniform ordering system.

This brings to mind another solution to the problem:
  • Send the driver out on his route WITHOUT a uniform, in his normal clothing;
  • Take a photograph of said driver;
  • Send the photograph, along with a copy of the denied uniform request, to the "finance nazi" who is responsible for the problem;
  • Attach copy of same and send it to the immediate superior of the finance nazi in question. Send other copies to THAT guys superior.
I can gurantee you that the problem of uniforms being denied will be solved. Quickly.

soberups

Drivers having to file grievances to get uniform parts, now there is a waste of time and money for all parties involved.
Agreed. Thats why it might be more effective to just go and do your route without a uniform. Problem solved. I would be more than happy to work in jeans and a T-shirt if UPS is really struggling to afford uniforms. In these tight economic times perhaps we all need to be willing to make sacrifices.:laughing:

tieguy

Banned
The best way to tell that one has gotten one's point across....is when the person who disagrees with you can only respond by flinging insults instead of sticking to facts.

If I tell you that I think you have a crappy attitude and you do then no insult has been delivered. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and look within at your crappy attitude.

soberups

If I tell you that I think you have a crappy attitude and you do then no insult has been delivered. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and look within at your crappy attitude.
How is it a "crappy attitude" to want to help your management team display a sense of urgency towards providing an employee with a uniform?
I think I have a good attitude. I want what is best for UPS...a properly dressed driver. My goal would be to help the management involved to start making better choices in that area. Sometimes that involves a bit of "tough love."

Tnkpnkl interesting terminology. Maybe your world is one of dungeon, dragons and towers. Mine is one were we go out and take care of the customer and we don't play games because some finance nazi locked out the uniform ordering system. For some reason that I don't understand I never have any problems explaining that concept to my group of drivers while you appear to be baffled by the concept.
Wrong again Tie, MY world is not of dungeons and dragons and towers, THAT is UP$'s world, the world YOU live in. I only participate in that world a few hours per day.(unless you count the amount of time I spend on here laughing at you) You say"Mine is one were we go out and take care of the customer", yet how many days per week do YOU take care of the customer? I'm thinking it's the driver wearing worn out uniforms, torn from the battles with truck and packages that take care of the customers and it is YOU that provide them with too few, ill fitting, low quality clothing that make them appear to be more of an insurgent than a proud soldier in the fight for happy customers.

side note: in the above paragraph the word YOU is substituted for UPS management, not Tie personally.

I'm in no way baffled by the concept you so delicately danced around. The problem here is that a driver is not given the proper tools to do his job and when a suggestion, however ill conceived it may or may not be, it is turned around one more time to be the drivers fault. One thing you must admit, that would be an attention getter.

I'm also wondering how many times Tie's drivers walk away from one of his concept explanations thinking..."Man, what a putz"?

feeder53

ADKtrails
I believe that I must present the customer with the best visual that I can as it reflects on myself. The customer sees me and my vehicle, not the TM or any other part of MGMT. It is part of my pride. I try not to get into a negative environment as I believe the customer can feel this negativity. I do not point the finger at anyone else, because when you point at someone else there are three fingers pointing back at me. UPS gives me the tools they feel I need to perform the task and it is my job to get it done in the best manner I can. There may be 1000 reasons why I do not get the new uniforms...that is out of my control and I do not dwell on things I can not change. Ultimatly the customer pays my salary.