Accused of harassment

S

selfcancelsignal

That's not the site. I don't accept PM's.
To each their own. I thought I'd get your experienced opinion on a future production hypothesis. I'll try to move it along to someone similar to you I guess, though I'm having a difficult time deciding who that might be.

FilingBluesFL

It depends how the "request" is made?
How should I request it?

On Friday I walked in to the building. By where the drivers mingle, there was a supervisor working.

I pointed, said in a very loud outdoor voice "Hey, is anyone going to file on this supervisor for working? I'm giving those with seniority first chance."

Amazing how all of a sudden they drop everything they're doing and start to panic.

One of the on-roads walked out and heard me, and started saying "oh, come on now, it's Friday..."

"Oh, it's not just any Friday, it's (much much louder) FREEEEEEEE MONEY FRIDAY! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MONEEEEEYYYYY FRIDAYYYYYYYY!!!! SHOWWW ME THE MONEYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

And that's how a real teamster does it lol

T

Turdferguson

Believe me I know. Your going off point, I was just explaining why I was selected and that I'm not a maroon. Again, IS IT HARASSMENT TO SIMPLY ASK A SUPERVISOR TO GET A TEAMSTER TO ADVANCE A PACKAGE?
No it is called exercising your rights as a union member to not have non-bargaining unit employees advance the progress of bargaining unit employees work.

RolloTony Brown Town

I'm grieving her on The time worked, falsifying harassment, and included in the harassment one she Said " I don't really care, do what you have to do to"

I had part time and full time stewards work on belts I was supervising back in the day. The younger stewards wouldn't say anything and jus file but they wanted the money and didn't care about saving the work itself. The more experienced stewards would simply say "you're not supposed to be doing that." And if the supervisor didn't cease and have a response or had a poor reputation for working the steward would file on behalf on any and all affected.

I was filed on plenty of occasions, and if I felt I wasn't doing anything then I would fight it, but if I was guilty I owned it. You can't win them all.

Awasmuth

I had part time and full time stewards work on belts I was supervising back in the day. The younger stewards wouldn't say anything and jus file but they wanted the money and didn't care about saving the work itself. The more experienced stewards would simply say "you're not supposed to be doing that." And if the supervisor didn't cease and have a response or had a poor reputation for working the steward would file on behalf on any and all affected.

I was filed on plenty of occasions, and if I felt I wasn't doing anything then I would fight it, but if I was guilty I owned it. You can't win them all.

I don't care about the time. It's the union as a whole. Every hour a bargaining unit employee works UPS pays about 27 dollars towards pension and health benefits. So if every supervisor every day across the the U.S. works 5 minutes that's hundreds of thousands of dollars a day that is getting taken from our retirement

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Believe me I know. Your going off point, I was just explaining why I was selected and that I'm not a maroon. Again, IS IT HARASSMENT TO SIMPLY ASK A SUPERVISOR TO GET A TEAMSTER TO ADVANCE A PACKAGE?

No. This sounds like a load of UPS BS to me.

As a steward, you have a measure of latitude in dealing with management. While acting in the role as a steward, you are considered a manager's equal. This gives you the right to curse and even use "abusive" language when dealing with management. This does NOT give you the right to use sexually charged/racist/violent language; not claiming you did by any stretch but just being thorough.

This legal status is the most protected when you are in the office and is reduced the more it can be argued that you're causing an interruption of the employer's operation. This protection does not apply at all when you are being confronted with your own job performance or role as an employee. I've "cursed out" business and division managers before (while acting as a steward) and I'm still working there.

That being said, "harassment" is a vague term. It's a stickier situation because a female supervisor is involved but I don't think you'll take a hit on this one. Always try to have members within ear shot when you confront them on the workroom floor.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
On Friday I walked in to the building. By where the drivers mingle, there was a supervisor working.

I pointed, said in a very loud outdoor voice "Hey, is anyone going to file on this supervisor for working? I'm giving those with seniority first chance."

Amazing how all of a sudden they drop everything they're doing and start to panic.

One of the on-roads walked out and heard me, and started saying "oh, come on now, it's Friday..."

"Oh, it's not just any Friday, it's (much much louder) FREEEEEEEE MONEY FRIDAY! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MONEEEEEYYYYY FRIDAYYYYYYYY!!!! SHOWWW ME THE MONEYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

And that's how a real teamster does it lol
Naw, a real Teamster doesn't say anything and just grieves it quietly and smiles. "My, that pottery bulk looks heavy" Watching the sweat on the brow as they break their back lifting that 90 pound PB by themselves because there are no Teamsters left on the clock to move it. :D

UPSGUY72

No it's not they are trying to intimidate you. Next time you see a SUP working just don't say anything and file a grievance once the shift is over. The only way they will learn is if it cost sthem money even then you have to file enough times for it to hurt them.

The PT Sups in the building I started working in new that when the feeder drivers showed with there trailer between 6:00 and 8:00 in the morning and the shop steward came in at 8:30 they better not be doing hourly rate or they be paying for it.