Accused of harassment

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My question is, is there better verbiage to use when asking a supervisor to not work.. or not say anything and just grieve it.
Approach it with Ask, Offer, Document.

Identify yourself as a steward in case they don't know and ask why they are working. They'll usually give some bs excuse so and so is in the bathroom or went home early. Make sure you talk first...it's an important step in winning a grievance if you file.

Offer
to punch in and help/do the work. Under the NMA Article 3, Section 7 management needs to maintain a sufficient workforce with union employees. If they didn't try to get someone to come in or work OT and don't want you to do the work...they're not compliant and you should file/get paid.

Document your observations and exactly what was said to you right after it was said because surprisingly their stories usually change.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Agree 100%. I might add that if in office the center manager starts getting loud , I start getting loud. We are not children , and I refuse to be treated as a child being scolded.
Agreed but be careful. Shouting as a member can sometimes be construed by the company as workplace violence. Stewards are allowed to passionately represent members and raise their voices and swear in many cases without fear of reprisal under federal law.