Acid Reflux

Buster 554

I have been taking Previced for years for gerd/ acid reflux. Recently I started eating 2 kiwi a day after reading a couple of studies about reduction of triglycerides and better ldl and hdl numbers and ratio. I ran out of antacids and with no other change in my diet I no longer need antacids! I have since read an article on why it works but had no idea before. This is after 2 weeks of eating 2 kiwi a day.

oldngray

nowhere special
baby-kiwi.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have been taking Previced for years for gerd/ acid reflux. Recently I started eating 2 kiwi a day after reading a couple of studies about reduction of triglycerides and better ldl and hdl numbers and ratio. I ran out of antacids and with no other change in my diet I no longer need antacids! I have since read an article on why it works but had no idea before. This is after 2 weeks of eating 2 kiwi a day.
Do ya fry them

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Is bacon the secret?
200w (6).gif

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I found this link that says in some cases is good, but it also says there are plenty who claim its not helpful.

I had a hell of a time with gerd or heartburn or whatever you'd call it right after I ate lunch. It seemed I always had lots of bulk to dig out from under the shelves and all that stomach acid would start churning around. I do know for me eating bananas at lunch made it worse.

rod

Retired 22 years
The other night (St Patrick's Day) I had an "acid reflux" episode. I could count on one hand the number of times in my lifetime this has happened to me. They only thing I can think of that triggered it was that the wife had put out a bowl of green guacamole chips that were really spicy------but I have always loved spicy foods. Just as I ate my first bite of potatoes it hit me. I tried to work trough it with a couple of bites of corn beef but no go. I was miserable for 2 hours. Then it disappeared and I nuked a heaping plate of corn beef & cabbage and all was well.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

It's true. Kiwi does work wonders for some people.

Variation in Gastric pH May Determine Kiwifruit’s Effect on Functional GI Disorder: An in Vitro Study

wkmac