Acorn census

P

pickup

COUNTING NUTS!

_wkmac, be sure to count yourself as a nut as I am sure many of your relatives have you called you that as they shephard their young children(your young nephews and nices with impressionable minds) away from you at the family get togethers. "Your Uncle Wkmac is crazy, don't believe him about getting a vaccination is allowing the government to put tracking devices in you":happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is from the U.S. Census bureau site.

http://www.census.gov/survey_participants/household_surveys/am_i_required_to_participate_in_this_household_survey.html

Am I required to participate in this household survey?

The Census Bureau will always tell you why your responses to this census or survey are important, and why you should participate, as well as whether your participation is mandatory or voluntary.
Why your responses are important, does not mean I have to participate.
The word should, does not mean I have to participate.
Whether it is mandatory or voluntary, just confuses the issue.
Why should I believe what they say. Thus this does not mean I have to participate.

P

pickup

http://www.census.gov/survey_participants/household_surveys/am_i_required_to_participate_in_this_household_survey.html

The Census Bureau will always tell you why your responses to this census or survey are important, and why you should participate, as well as whether your participation is mandatory or voluntary.
Why should I believe what they say. Thus this does not mean I have to participate.

moreluck, your post was initially confusing to me but after going to your link I see why it was confusing as the information in the link was purposively confusing. Once I followed your link, I went to the "is my business required to participate section/" There , the census bureau states the mandatory aspect a little more threateningly. Here's the link, http://www.census.gov/survey_partic...s_required_to_participate_in_this_survey.html

Good post.

tieguy

Banned

I can't imagine why they need your participation with all the other sources available.

Question though doesn't a good showing on the census help your community in a variety of ways politically and financially?

wkmac

COUNTING NUTS!

_wkmac, be sure to count yourself as a nut as I am sure many of your relatives have you called you that as they shephard their young children(your young nephews and nices with impressionable minds) away from you at the family get togethers. "Your Uncle Wkmac is crazy, don't believe him about getting a vaccination is allowing the government to put tracking devices in you":happy-very:

Absolutely! We can't let them pollute "our precious bodily fluids!"
:happy-very:

I LMAO every time I hear that line in the movie.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I can't imagine why they need your participation with all the other sources available.

Question though doesn't a good showing on the census help your community in a variety of ways politically and financially?

Don't worry, I won't refuse to fill in the # of people at my house.

diesel96

I've had a vasectomy--would that mean that I am "lite nuts"?

I'd say when Obama personally comes to your house to take your gun away, tell him, no need "I shoot blanks".....:wink2:

Your absolutely right Tie, except many here are crying simply because Democrats live at 1600 Penn Ave and control the Hill....It's all political:peaceful:
Acorn had a few dishonest assocciates, but what corperation or bureaucratic agency doesn't?

---------------------------------------------------

Remember the good ole days folks, when all you had to do was dis-agree with Bush or say your anti-Iraq and you were labeled un-Patriotic ?
Now with the tables turned, and the Gov't is out to get us :soapbox:, have some abandaned they patriotic superority? I mean, can you believe this newly elected imperfect administration wants to provide us affordable healthcare, ween us of foriegn oil, create infrastruture and green jobs, regulate assault weapons and tabacco, and repair the damage of the last eight years, and worst of all, they want to take a census :2scared:.....OMG ! Enough to stick your head out the window and scream "I'm not going to take it anymore"...lol Drama Queens :princess:

Zzzzz Zzzzzz.....wake up, we should be buying surplus amounts of assualt guns/ammo and ready ourselves to protect ourselves from Gov't and law enforcement officials, conduct grass root campaigns not to participate with the cencus bureau, prevent millions of Americans from obtaining healthcare benefits, sign petitions written by whack job conspiracy theorists proclaiming the leader of the free world is not their president and wasn't born here, and worst of all, teach children "Obama's a Muslim" who wants to kill your 3rd tri-mester fetus with the audacity to let science develope miracules cures from stem cells. .....Who'll join me in my heavily armed fenced in compound with buckets of kool aid, to protect "us patriots" from these Gov't census bureau leeches who hate America....that little old lady asking me census questions is gonna eat lead !

:sleeping2:wake up....wake up......oh, I must have dozed off...I had a dream I was a newly recruited anti gov't right winger....:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
Your absolutely right Tie, except many here are crying simply because Democrats live at 1600 Penn Ave and control the Hill....It's all political:peaceful:
Acorn had a few dishonest assocciates, but what corperation or bureaucratic agency doesn't?

I think it might be more then a few. I think you may have an organized effort that was more then a mere few. The question to me would be why an organization that had such scandel would be given such a lucrative contract. Obama through his selection process is clearly not opposed to hiring and supporting those who evade taxes and engaged in organized voter fraud. It almost seem as if you need to have a rap sheet in order to get a job in his administration.

wkmac

I'd say when Obama personally comes to your house to take your gun away, tell him, no need "I shoot blanks".....:wink2:

Remember the good ole days folks, when all you had to do was dis-agree with Bush or say your anti-Iraq and you were labeled un-Patriotic ?
Now with the tables turned, and the Gov't is out to get us :soapbox:, have some abandaned they patriotic superority? I mean, can you believe this newly elected imperfect administration wants to provide us affordable healthcare, ween us of foriegn oil, create infrastruture and green jobs, regulate assault weapons and tabacco, and repair the damage of the last eight years, and worst of all, they want to take a census :2scared:.....OMG ! Enough to stick your head out the window and scream "I'm not going to take it anymore"...lol Drama Queens :princess:

Zzzzz Zzzzzz.....wake up, we should be buying surplus amounts of assualt guns/ammo and ready ourselves to protect ourselves from Gov't and law enforcement officials, conduct grass root campaigns not to participate with the cencus bureau, prevent millions of Americans from obtaining healthcare benefits, sign petitions written by whack job conspiracy theorists proclaiming the leader of the free world is not their president and wasn't born here, and worst of all, teach children "Obama's a Muslim" who wants to kill your 3rd tri-mester fetus with the audacity to let science develope miracules cures from stem cells. .....Who'll join me in my heavily armed fenced in compound with buckets of kool aid, to protect "us patriots" from these Gov't census bureau leeches who hate America....that little old lady asking me census questions is gonna eat lead !

:sleeping2:wake up....wake up......oh, I must have dozed off...I had a dream I was a newly recruited anti gov't right winger....:wink2:

"It's downright anti American to not support your President in a time of war!"

Get Em' Diesel! You Got Every Right to Gloat on this one!

:thumbsup:

wkmac

But now for some real fun and daring to peer down the rabbit hole!

Someone asked why they would even ask such a stupid question to begin with but being they are central planners

Right from More's link:

The information you provide is combined with responses provided by your neighbors and other households across the country, to provide summary statistical data that are used by various local, state, and federal agencies.

The questions for every census and survey the Census Bureau conducts are carefully developed with input from other federal agencies and stakeholders who need the statistics we produce. Each question on every survey is specifically designed to meet a statistical need. Examples include:

Questions about...
1)what you buy and your household finances
2)the location of your employer and how you travel to work
3)your age and if you served in the military

are used to...
1)understand the economy and provide input to cost of living measures
2)calculate average commuting times and to determine if local areas need new roads or new public transportation routes
3)help the Veterans Administration to provide services such as veterans hospitals

Central planning, no doubt about it but look back at the question itself at the link's title:

Am I required? The proper response to such question if "mandatory" would be, "Yes, Federal Law Title Blah, Blah Section Blah, Blah or better yet, Code of Federal Regulations Blah Section Blah require all citizens to answer all questions submitted to them on the census form. Case in point is found here right on the Census bureau's website provided to us by the ever truth searching Moreluck! Just funnying with you More but nice find :wink2:

Notice the title in the form again of a question:
Is this a legitimate business survey conducted by the Census Bureau?

Now read the answer for the applicable legal application.

Official business of the U.S. Government

Any request for survey information from the Census Bureau will be clearly identified as coming from the U.S. Census Bureau and as OFFICIAL BUSINESS of the United States.
It is a Federal offense for anyone to pretend they represent the Census Bureau, or any other office of the United States Government. Section 912 of Title 18, U.S. Code, states the following:
"Whoever Falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

OK so they quote Title 18 Section 912 which is the US Criminal Code but this is a general application to anyone whe would pretend to be an FBI agent or whatever but why did they cite Title 18 when it's Title 13 that covers the Census? When it comes to requiring any of us to answer questions to these BS surveys, why did they not just state the following as beng the requirement?

Title 13, Chapter 7, Subchapter 2, Sec. 221 states:
§ 221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.
(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.
(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

OK, your required, pay the $100 dollar fine or submit. OOOpps! But wait a minute. Notice the part I underlined above. The application only applies to census and surveys provided for by the listed subchapters of Chapter 5. What are they?

Subchapter 1
Subchapter 2
Subchapter 4
Subchapter 5

Chapter 5 of Title 13 is titled Census and look through those subchapters and see what law is contained that makes you liable to the provisions of Section 221 quoted above. When you do read through those Subchapters, you'll know exactly why they didn't use Sec. 221 as a requirement because that section doesn't require you either. Now the question is, where is the requirement?
:surprised:

If you really feel bold and want to yank their chain, ask them under Title 13, Chapter 1, Subchapter 1, Section 4 for their delegation of authority, the Federal Register Doc. # and the date posted in the Federal Register. It will look something like an example from a recent State Department Order issued by Sec. Clinton. Here's a Delegation Order from the Sec. of Commerce but compare it to the Sec. of State order. Where is the Federal Register information? If it ain't in the Federal Register as the ole saying goes, "Houston, we have a problem!" Also ask the same question via a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request as this also makes it a matter of offical record that you can use in the future should you need to.

Have fun kiddies if and when you decide you are no longer a
images

Tie asked: Question though doesn't a good showing on the census help your community in a variety of ways politically and financially?

Good question and/or observation on your part.

diesel96

I think it might be more then a few. I think you may have an organized effort that was more then a mere few. The question to me would be why an organization that had such scandel would be given such a lucrative contract. Obama through his selection process is clearly not opposed to hiring and supporting those who evade taxes and engaged in organized voter fraud. It almost seem as if you need to have a rap sheet in order to get a job in his administration.

This org was supported by Bush as well, and the detractors guilty of voter registration fraud were giving their pink slips.....and It's important to add the word 'registration" to voter fraud....it adds a whole different definition.

If your going by what you just posted above, then we should consider not funding our Governers, Senators and House members. Because, if you want to talk scandels, more than just a few (especially Republicans) have defrauded their constituents and lost the trust of their family members...