ADA lawsuits

Davy

Has anyone seen anymore news about the class action suit against UPS for their horrible ADA practices? I'm going through it with them for my knee and foot and they never have a position for me, even when I show them the job posting! I want to join the class action suit or create a new one. UPS should not be allowed to treat people like this, especially loyal employees who have dedicated 10 plus years with the company.

Davy

I'm still meeting with attorneys, I'll know more later. So far I've been told that going after them alone is better than a class action suit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm still meeting with attorneys, I'll know more later. So far I've been told that going after them alone is better than a class action suit.

Can you join the class action while pursuing your own legal action or do you have to choose one over the other? If you have to choose I would suggest that you go it alone.

Smokin

Is anyone having issues with not having handicapped parking at any UPS facility. We have two lots, one in our upper lot but cars are parked their illegally and the lower level which is closer to the entry is being utilized for package cars and tractors and they have refused for me to park there, saying they are not available. So by the time I go through they maybe 2 to 3 parking places available but security and management is telling me I can't park there. Anyone have same issues at any location with equipment being parked in handicapped areas?

Attachments

• Handicapped Parking (will not allow parking in this area) Even though its marked Handicapped.jpg
    Handicapped Parking (will not allow parking in this area) Even though its marked Handicapped.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 209

TomasamoT

Im having the same issue with my Americans with disabilities act accommodation too. I recently got diagnosed with leukemia and they wont accommodate me with a 10 hour workday. I have an appointment with a lawyer next week about it. Hows your ada coming about?
Has anyone seen anymore news about the class action suit against UPS for their horrible ADA practices? I'm going through it with them for my knee and foot and they never have a position for me, even when I show them the job posting! I want to join the class action suit or create a new one. UPS should not be allowed to treat people like this, especially loyal employees who have dedicated 10 plus years with the company.