ADD/CUT madness!!!!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by anonymouse, Oct 7, 2012.

1. anonymouse

anonymouse New Member

So last week October 1st-5th on my side(I do preload) the person in charge of add/cuts was on sick leave(has been for like a month) and his backup went on vacation, so they had another person who's job was not that do it. Now I have a five truck 1,150 package average with a normal of 3 add/cut packages ever other day. But last week I had the great privilege of getting Monday-23 A/Cs(add/cuts) Tuesday-32 A/Ds Wednesday-34 A/Ds Thurday-52 A/D(only day above 1,300 packages, others like 1,150-1,250) and Friday-42 A/Ds. I guess my question could I have refused to do them my self or should I in the future bring that up, they still got on my case about finishing on time everyday but never send me help. P.S. Out of every day except Thursday I shared a scanner, which is essential for any add/cut.

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

What? You can't check the last 4 digits of the tracking number? Is PAS really this dumbed-down now?

3. DS

DS Fenderbender

It sounds to me like you are being taken advantage of.
    Try to talk to the lead sup and explain your dilemma.
    If this accomplishes nothing,file a grievance.In the meantime,
    maybe calling in sick one day may clue them in to how hard you work.

4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I would work as directed and not refuse to do anything you are instructed to do as long as it is t unsafe or dishonest.

5. CAFAL

CAFAL New Member

It is what it is.I would have to go w calling in sick

6. wgf46

wgf46 Member

You load 5 trucks ?

7. EmraldArcher

EmraldArcher Member

Why do you need a scanner to do add cuts? We just write the new load/hin on them with a marker.

8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Just be safe and make sure u have no misloads. You'll get done when u get done.

9. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

You should quit because the unemployment rate is at an all-time low and that could help make it go up.

10. laffter

laffter Active Member

They never ask us to pull our own add/cuts at my center. The guy who actually does the add/cuts has to come around and do it himself. Unless you look like you're really really light... basically standing around doing nothing. Then I usually even volunteer to do it myself, just so I look busy.

In fact, my old belt sup got mad at me one time for volunteering to do it. Because then the package flow picked up and I wasn't able to get to around to it.

11. anonymouse

anonymouse New Member

At my center if it comes out of your truck you scan it. That's the rules.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

In our center the PDS prints the add/cuts and hands them to the PT supervisor, who then pulls the packages, crossing them off the list until all are found. No scanners involved--the PDS moves the work between the drivers on his computer.

13. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Been there, done that. Have the t-shirt. Check my gallery.

14. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

We don't scan, either. But, your add/cut counts sound similar to the dipstick at my center. He isn't that bad every day, but he averages 10-15 pages certain routes. It goes on all morning long, with 5-6 at the end of the shift as the driver is standing there, usually. The dispatcher before him was a dream to a preloader. She was spot-on with her dispatch, rarely needing an add/cut. But, she had issues and doesn't work there anymore. :sad-little:

15. Macbrother

Macbrother Member

I feel your pain. Especially when you're stacked out, behind, and still have a ton of :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: rolling down the belt, multiple pages of add cuts can be absolutely devastating. When our normal PDS is in he does them himself 9 times out of 10, but when he's out basically it's every man for himself and the # of them increase 2-3 fold.

I remember one time I was stacked out to hell; around 8:25 the fill-in rolls up with 2 pages worth, says "thanks" and walks off. I just threw my hands up and got back to work.

The best advice has already been given: take your time, do your best not to let it get to you, work as directed. I would do the add-cuts first though, I think the driver would much rather have to finish loading his truck in the morning than be down the road and find out he's got to do 6 extra stops because the add/cuts weren't pulled.

16. EmraldArcher

EmraldArcher Member

Sounds like someone should be filing a grievance.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Yawn.

18. EmraldArcher

EmraldArcher Member

Sneeze.

19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

And no one files supervisor working grievances?

20. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

They tell us the cut was made, I look in my diad work is there , go on the road start looking for the packages not in my truck, I call center they tell me to meet the driver, okay just adding to the overtime.......