Addresses Dangerous for Delivery

Retiree

Like others have said walk them off and why did you let them give you a 1000

I drive a 700 and I know I need a 1000 and they want to give me one but I won't take it , because two things will happen I can't complain about a bricked out truck and they will give me more stops[/QUOTE

You are a troll if you think YOU can dictate what size car your is assigned to your delivery area. LOL.

8 Hour Day

If you are so good at coercing us into action, why did your next line have to be?
I didn't say I was good at it. Lol... Just know all those tricks. Until a recent change in management, there was no need for that nonsense. Before, if I pointed out an issue, it was generally addressed. Perhaps not always to my liking, but at least they addressed it. The current team... No... They're not a team at all. They don't even bother hiding their disdain for one another. This leads to the inevitable lack of cooperation and communication I'm dealing with.

So, we have a bunch of finger pointing khaki wearing suits too busy with wondering which of the others is going to sink a knife in their backs to do their jobs.

So, yeah... Since my beloved management team can't be bothered to help, I'm looking for answers outside of their miserable little kabal of lunacy.

But thanks for playing that predictable roll of militant management... Not solving an issue, but feeding the flames. I'll let you know when there's a vacancy in my center. You'll fit right in.

8 Hour Day

Steep, off-camber, rutted and icy?
Winding, hilly, narrow, no shoulders, rough terrain on both sides and people drive it like maniacs. Think "Trail of the Dragon," but with houses... It's tight to get in the driveways with a 700. Impossible with a 1000.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
That's the thing... I haven't gotten an answer! Lol

The ship hasn't sailed yet... I deliver where it is safe and bring the others back to the pm supe. I know how that game works!
You're not going to get an answer because they want to keep the blame squarely on you for everything. You have to learn to play the game to win.

Dr.Brownz

Wow. Thanks for the help.

Alas, I'm sure there must be a policy for assigning the proper vehicles...

There is no policy. Do you really think the disconnected clowns in the corporate office thought of things like this? No they believe your delivering on nice streets with sidewalks and wide shoulders always and always make right turns.

You screwed yourself by delivering in the 1000 to those addressees. They see you can get there so they decide you can do it again. Should have got the truck stuck the first day and made them come out and spot you while you backed all the way out.

Dr.Brownz

Steep, off-camber, rutted and icy?

Driver in our center broke a wrist doing this and suddenly our center manager demanded we all wear those pseudo-crampon things. Except then its pointed out that you are actually more likely to slip inside the truck with them on to which the center manager says oh well just take them on and off. Guess that means 2 more hours of overtime for everybody/

8 Hour Day

You screwed yourself by delivering in the 1000 to those addressees. They see you can get there so they decide you can do it again. Should have got the truck stuck the first day and made them come out and spot you while you backed all the way out.
Nope... Never delivered the addresses in question in the 1000.

8 Hour Day

Driver in our center broke a wrist doing this and suddenly our center manager demanded we all wear those pseudo-crampon things. Except then its pointed out that you are actually more likely to slip inside the truck with them on to which the center manager says oh well just take them on and off. Guess that means 2 more hours of overtime for everybody/
Once you've been injured in the job at Brown, your perspective on doing things for the company that may result in an injury suddenly changes. If you think you're treated poorly on a regular basis, try being put on "light duty..." It can redefine your career.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Once you've been injured in the job at Brown, your perspective on doing things for the company that may result in an injury suddenly changes. If you think you're treated poorly on a regular basis, try being put on "light duty..." It can redefine your career.
Not for me. TAW was awesome. Shuttling misloads, doing 20 stops in 4 hours of cupcake resi under 5 lbs each, and chillin' in the office. No one gave me an attitude.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There is no policy. Do you really think the disconnected clowns in the corporate office thought of things like this? No they believe your delivering on nice streets with sidewalks and wide shoulders always and always make right turns.

We are paid $35 an hour to figure out how to safely deliver the packages. Shouldn't be that hard