Adrenaline High after a night of loading causing sleepless nights?

RockinRobin

We are ALL being WATCHED!
I've talked with quite a few Part Timers and many working Twilight have issues sleeping after the shift when they have worked at warp speed all night.

If you have ever power-loaded for a few hours a night and really had to crank it up about 10 notches for the shift, maybe you have had the same issue.

I have had a few nights when I was so jacked up when leaving the Hub, I knew I was doomed for sleep. Even a melatonin and sleeping pills did not help me sleep.

I've never had this when I did a gym workout at night, but then, I did not push myself to work like an animal for 4 hours.

Anyone else ever experience this?

SmithBarney

This is typical of any real physical activity, Pro sport players don't go to bed right after a game. It is usually recommended to avoid working out before sleep the Mayo clinic says 5 hours.
Late-day exercise: Can it cause insomnia? - MayoClinic

I used to work preload I know I was pumped after I punched out, I usually continued my workout and went on a bike ride, I currently work nights on occasion and I know it is incredibly hard to sleep, I need unwind time.

RockinRobin

Yep. And the timing is bad at twilight. I've done quite a few IronMan competitions, but you are usually done by 6 or 7 PM after a 7:30 AM start and have time to fall asleep and unwind by 11 PM or Midnight.

upschuck

I was so exhausted after working night and preload sorts, that I had no problem catching some zzzzzzzz, and I never sleep during the day. Didn't get my full sleep hours in though, so was told I was cranky.

J

jibbs

I was so exhausted after working night and preload sorts, that I had no problem catching some zzzzzzzz, and I never sleep during the day. Didn't get my full sleep hours in though, so was told I was cranky.

I'm the same way. Getting to sleep's never a problem for me, but waking up at 3am for a 3:30 preload in 30 degree weather can be.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've talked with quite a few Part Timers and many working Twilight have issues sleeping after the shift when they have worked at warp speed all night.

If you have ever power-loaded for a few hours a night and really had to crank it up about 10 notches for the shift, maybe you have had the same issue.

I have had a few nights when I was so jacked up when leaving the Hub, I knew I was doomed for sleep. Even a melatonin and sleeping pills did not help me sleep.

I've never had this when I did a gym workout at night, but then, I did not push myself to work like an animal for 4 hours.

Fire up a big fat one that should calm ya right down

Just rub one out when you get home. This makes me sleepy.

Nimnim

The Nim
I've been working jobs that keep me out until 2 am at the earliest for 10+ years now, while it is possible to sleep during the day, I find it so much easier to sleep at night still. As far as sleeping after work, unless I didn't sleep well the day before going into work I'm up for a good 4 hours or so after I get home from work before I can sleep right.

Overpaid Union Thug

I never had trouble falling asleep but I've had plenty of dreams where I could hear the sound of packages being scanned. They would be normal non work related dreams but with the scans as loud background noise.

RockinRobin

I've tried self satisfaction. Didn't help me sleep. Tried sleeping pills. Nope. Luckily, with cable TV, I can at least lay in bed and watch TV or read my Kindle with the TV on in the background.

And like posted earlier, I sometimes dream of "Scan Beeps" or similar.

Maybe if I rubbed one out, after taking sleeping pills, and watching TV while reading my Kindle with Scan Beeps in the background? Worth a try I guess.

RockinRobin

Wake up earlier in the day and cut out caffeine in your diet.

That's a fact, Jack. Well, I'm down to 1 cup a day. And at one time I was a 4 or 5 cups, so I'm way down in caffeine. And I have that cup as soon as I wake up.

It's hard to wake up at the crack of dawn when you don't get to sleep after a hard 4 or 5 hours at twilight shift. But I try.