Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by TooTechie, Jan 27, 2015.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I gotta say...I'm not hating the ads on BC lol

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Am I not special...I don't see any ads on here...

BSWALKS Easily Amused

I only get "those" kind of ads on Tumblr.
  4. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Use ad blocker.
  5. sailfish

sailfish Well-Known Member

I didn't think there were ads while signed in.
  6. rod

rod retired and happy

Don't the ads have something to do with what you are checking out on other sites? I was pricing motorcycle jacks on Amazon and Ebay the other day and now I get those ads on BC. Techie--We know what you have been checking out.
  7. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

My wife is 55 and her butt doesn't look like that. I call false advertising.
  8. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I use Firefox with the ad blocker add-on. I recently started getting nag messages at the top of the screen saying to disable my ad blocker because that's how BC makes ad revenue so I disabled ad blocker for this site and if you have it disabled you see ads until you login each time you visit the page.

Firefox is set to automatically delete everything when I close the browser each time including cookies, I have flash set to disabled unless I enable it per-use, "do not track me" is set to on (probably does nothing) so in theory no, the ads shouldn't be targeted to me.
  9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Cheryl messed up an update a couple of days ago and everyone was seeing that nag message. She fixed it so now if you log in it should go away even with an ad blocker disabled.
  10. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Ah, I felt guilty lol
  11. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

That looks like a good ad to me.