Ads

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I gotta say...I'm not hating the ads on BC lol

fxfn77.jpg

10paxxx.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't the ads have something to do with what you are checking out on other sites? I was pricing motorcycle jacks on Amazon and Ebay the other day and now I get those ads on BC. Techie--We know what you have been checking out.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Am I not special...I don't see any ads on here...

Use ad blocker.

I didn't think there were ads while signed in.

I use Firefox with the ad blocker add-on. I recently started getting nag messages at the top of the screen saying to disable my ad blocker because that's how BC makes ad revenue so I disabled ad blocker for this site and if you have it disabled you see ads until you login each time you visit the page.

Don't the ads have something to do with what you are checking out on other sites? I was pricing motorcycle jacks on Amazon and Ebay the other day and now I get those ads on BC. Techie--We know what you have been checking out.
Firefox is set to automatically delete everything when I close the browser each time including cookies, I have flash set to disabled unless I enable it per-use, "do not track me" is set to on (probably does nothing) so in theory no, the ads shouldn't be targeted to me.

oldngray

nowhere special
I use Firefox with the ad blocker add-on. I recently started getting nag messages at the top of the screen saying to disable my ad blocker because that's how BC makes ad revenue so I disabled ad blocker for this site and if you have it disabled you see ads until you login each time you visit the page.

Firefox is set to automatically delete everything when I close the browser each time including cookies, I have flash set to disabled unless I enable it per-use, "do not track me" is set to on (probably does nothing) so in theory no, the ads shouldn't be targeted to me.

Cheryl messed up an update a couple of days ago and everyone was seeing that nag message. She fixed it so now if you log in it should go away even with an ad blocker disabled.