Advice for a single mom just starting with UPS? Please?

McGee

tumblr_ltnehx1t6U1r4ghkoo1_500.gif
Way off topic, but.........

I'm not a guy, so I don't get it. Is Beyonce really that hot?

um, no ( just my opinion)

Justaname

I just started with UPS working as a full-time seasonal driver. I have two boys, ages 17 & 6. Friday I worked 12 hours, and I am told Christmas season I will see a LOT of days like that. My supervisor has told me that I am doing a fantastic job, and they are very happy with me, and that after the season is over (DEC 31) he has no problem keeping me on and finding me a position inside and possibly having me drive as needed. I was also told with the very recent retirements, there will soon be full time driver positions open, one of which they plan to hire from the outside. My problem is that I am a single mother, and I have never spent such long hours away from my kids. My oldest doesn't really mind, but my 6 year old is very much a momma's boy and very much needs me around. I have recently been offered a part-time permanent position ith a non-profit organization, which I would truly enjoy, but it is of course considerably less pay. It also would mean a LOT more time for the kids though... I know that getting in the door with UPS is a great opportunity, but is it worth it to sacrifice all this time with my kids? Can anyone with experience in this industry offer any advice to me? I would much appreciate it. :)
If you choose to stay, your kids will understand and appreciate you for it. I know I appreciate the hard work my father sacrificed for my brothers and I. I appreciated it so much I decided to follow in his footsteps. Whatever decision you choose I wish you the best of luck.

McGee

Natalie Portman is way hot, and I'm a girl. I wouldn't switch hit for her, but she's hot. The ones that are always the hottest, I think, are the Brazilian girls in theMiss Universe pageant. Freaking hot.

(ok, this is getting weird)
:picture:

lol!!

Last edited: