Advice For New kids wanting to join UPS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hey guys, you mistake intent. I feel nothing but respect and pride for UPS and MOST employee. We are hard working individuals trying to make a living. I don't intent to hurt your feelings. This thread was intended to teach possible applicants of the sh**hole we work in and the reality of working for UPS.

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster
You call us losers, but you feel nothing but respect for us? Hmmm...your bipolar meds aren't working.

Loyal Teamster

if you are under 23 years old and want to join UPS, I feel obligated to warn you, and think carefully about pursuing a career with UPS.

Don't Apply, Trust me you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Once your in, we won't let you get out. We will take advantage of your young age and work you till we break you. We like the young kids especially if they don't go to college, cus they'll be stuck with us for the rest of their life, because work skills and knowledge gained here can't be applied in most jobs in America.

There are much better less back breaking jobs out there with competitive pay.
​Your better off joining the Military & retire in 20 years, than Join UPS break your back for at least 13 years loading and drive for 30 years to retire at 65.

I see to many 27-35+ year old losers working preload with no chance of progression. they've been loading trucks for over 7 years and still have insufficient seniority to become full time drivers. Most full time drivers hate their jobs, but its all they know how to do. Just read the threads and find out yourselves.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Hands Down to the friend*'n trolls that will argue my point without reasoning.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I couldn't make heads or tails of your last post. What I do know is, yes I have the same job as a 20 year old, except i probably make almost twice what you do an hour and get 31 paid days off a year. Ponder that while you're misloading tomorrow lol.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
So we both make nothing, ironic lol, sucks too work here
I make more than 2.5X the pay rate that you do. Nearly $22/hour is nothing to sneeze at. Again, how much do you think the average person in this country makes? Especially in San Diego (if you really do live there), which is home to hundreds of thousands of illegals willing to wipe my butt for loose change (no pun implied).

In all seriousness, like I said, the cost of living in SoCal -- while slightly higher than the national average -- is overstated. Where else can you find somebody willing to cut your lawn for $5?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Seriously LT, are you borderline retarded?!?!?!?!?? WTF is wrong with you and what is your intent here. Actually, never mind. I don't care because you add nothing here.

quamba 638

if you are under 23 years old and want to join UPS, I feel obligated to warn you, and think carefully about pursuing a career with UPS.

Don't Apply, Trust me you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Once your in, we won't let you get out. We will take advantage of your young age and work you till we break you. We like the young kids especially if they don't go to college, cus they'll be stuck with us for the rest of their life, because work skills and knowledge gained here can't be applied in most jobs in America.

There are much better less back breaking jobs out there with competitive pay.
​Your better off joining the Military & retire in 20 years, than Join UPS break your back for at least 13 years loading and drive for 30 years to retire at 65.

I see to many 27-35+ year old losers working preload with no chance of progression. they've been loading trucks for over 7 years and still have insufficient seniority to become full time drivers. Most full time drivers hate their jobs, but its all they know how to do. Just read the threads and find out yourselves.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Hands Down to the friend*'n trolls that will argue my point without reasoning.

Doesn't your hub have dress codes against dudes wearing skirts where you're from?

You sure seem to have life all figured out though.
Maybe its time to quit UPS and get that 100k a year job with a pension and great healthcare! Go on, let us know how it goes in the real world.
UPS doesn't want dropouts to work here for the rest of their lives either, try a few years tops. They are obligated to pay towards a pension after 5 years, so why would they want PT work to stay long enough to get that?

balland chain

I see the young kids walking thru the gates and would love to warn them of what they are getting themselves into.. Hell, if I could go back in time, I would finish my last year of college and have a job where I felt my work was appreciated. I have too many friends with jobs with companies such s IBM, Bank of America USAIRWAYS, GOOGLE, ETC..When we all get together and the topic of work comes up, they talk proudly of their companions and the excellent benefits that receive . When I talk about UPS and the current issues there, they are appalled when they hear my daily routine of MGMT harassing us drivers.. There are better choice to make other than UPS.. If your in college and need the income that is one thing, but by all means get your degree, and move on. ! If college is not your thing, go to a trade school to learn plumbing or electrical work.. The work expected by UPS for our part timers is crazy for the wage they are given. the full timers are paid well, but the mental games UPS plays negate and good reason to stay.There are other jobs out there that will pay you just as much as UPS without all the harassment. If I would have been talked to, and told the real story of UPS, I truly believe I would have gone to the other job that was being offered to me.. My advice, think long and hard before getting stuck with UPS.. It will not only affect your body but your mental health as well.. And, it is only going to get worse. !

Loyal Teamster

I see the young kids walking thru the gates and would love to warn them of what they are getting themselves into.. Hell, if I could go back in time, I would finish my last year of college and have a job where I felt my work was appreciated. I have too many friends with jobs with companies such s IBM, Bank of America USAIRWAYS, GOOGLE, ETC..When we all get together and the topic of work comes up, they talk proudly of their companions and the excellent benefits that receive . When I talk about UPS and the current issues there, they are appalled when they hear my daily routine of MGMT harassing us drivers.. There are better choice to make other than UPS.. If your in college and need the income that is one thing, but by all means get your degree, and move on. ! If college is not your thing, go to a trade school to learn plumbing or electrical work.. The work expected by UPS for our part timers is crazy for the wage they are given. the full timers are paid well, but the mental games UPS plays negate and good reason to stay.There are other jobs out there that will pay you just as much as UPS without all the harassment. If I would have been talked to, and told the real story of UPS, I truly believe I would have gone to the other job that was being offered to me.. My advice, think long and hard before getting stuck with UPS.. It will not only affect your body but your mental health as well.. And, it is only going to get worse. !

​Thank you

quamba 638

​I believe you're one of those that quit the first day before break

Your posts are worthless and don't contribute any thought to this thread, Save it for Facebook,

SoCal has a high cost of living, but it's overblown -- try researching median wage levels. Rent levels & food pricing is fairly reasonable, nor do people in SoCal get socked with $3,000 annual heating bills & $1,000 A.C. bills (humidity kills). And we're now paying more for gas here in the Midwest than people are paying in California.

$3.98 unleaded in SD

I paid 3.35 in SD last week

10veleze

Hurt feelings? I dont think so, we're making fun of you.

Hey guys, you mistake intent. I feel nothing but respect and pride for UPS and MOST employee. We are hard working individuals trying to make a living. I don't intent to hurt your feelings. This thread was intended to teach possible applicants of the sh**hole we work in and the reality of working for UPS.

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster