Advice for Packet

Chowdy

I brought my over allowed down to 1 1/2 and the supervisors were all pleased by that considering the route and me having a 6 over from day one. The first time I tried to run businesses with resies in between it went down three hours. ( the supervisor started me off doing businesses first ) The day after doing well with over allowance they followed me for five stops and I was sloppy and made dumb mistakes... Will the manager come out again to observe me or did I basically leave a salty taste in his mouth and setting myself up for DQ?

Chowdy

Brought my over allowed down to 1 1/2 and the supervisors were all pleased by that considering the route and me having a 6 over from day one out by myself. The first time I tried to run businesses with resies in between it went down three hours (3) then to 1 1/2 the next day out. ( the supervisor started me off doing businesses first ) The day after doing well with over allowance they followed me for five stops and I was sloppy and made dumb mistakes... Will the manager come out again to observe me or did I basically leave a salty taste in his mouth and setting myself up for DQ? My supervisor has said it will be a miracle if I pass but I have heard him say that in the past about trainees and they passed... I'm starting to think it is a supervisors tactic to put constant pressure but at this point my head is spinning...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I brought my over allowed down to 1 1/2 and the supervisors were all pleased by that considering the route and me having a 6 over from day one. The first time I tried to run businesses with resies in between it went down three hours. ( the supervisor started me off doing businesses first ) The day after doing well with over allowance they followed me for five stops and I was sloppy and made dumb mistakes... Will the manager come out again to observe me or did I basically leave a salty taste in his mouth and setting myself up for DQ?
Word of advice....don't try to overthink or overcomplicate this job....seriously, if you do it will be in your mind all the time. At this job don't always believe what you think because in my experience 90% of the things I thought were going to cause issues somehow actually never happen. Don't let this job suck you in....go out and do the best that YOU can, don't worry about anyone else, or their days, or their numbers, or their personalities... Nothing. Then when you leave the bldg don't think about the job again until you get into the truck the next day. Most of this job is smoke and mirrors and make sure you realize this early on...especially the production aspect of it all ...most importantly don't get hurt no matter what, no matter how much those scrubs want you to speed up having operations is very bad and will start breaking down your body and too many drivers have to be out for long periods of time for injuries... Not worth it ... Ever!!

Chowdy

Yea your right i care a lot about making this packet and it is consuming me on the weekends and pretty much everyday. I'm tracing my maps on weekends from scratch paper, flash card for businesses etc etc. I can't afford to go back to preload or wait six months. But when your being told that the chances aren't looking good and there's a chance I will get DQed its hard not to have a head spinning. Smoke and mirrors? They will DQ over production so how do you not stress out? Can they really DQ you just for anything? They said the goal was less than 3 hours over allowed and I got 1 1/2 the next day. Then after they followed me and saw me do dumb rookie mistakes as far as blinkers, stopping instead of pulling to curb to find numbers on a house etc etc They treated me like I was still clinging for life for packet...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yea your right i care a lot about making this packet and it is consuming me on the weekends and pretty much everyday. I'm tracing my maps on weekends from scratch paper, flash card for businesses etc etc. I can't afford to go back to preload or wait six months. But when your being told that the chances aren't looking good and there's a chance I will get DQed its hard not to have a head spinning. Smoke and mirrors? They will DQ over production so how do you not stress out? Can they really DQ you just for anything? They said the goal was less than 3 hours over allowed and I got 1 1/2 the next day. Then after they followed me and saw me do dumb rookie mistakes as far as blinkers, stopping instead of pulling to curb to find numbers on a house etc etc They treated me like I was still clinging for life for packet...
I hit a fixed object and still made it...if they wAnt you they will mAke sure you pass....one stop at a time...they try to play Jedi mind tricks with you ... Be strong and counteract it you must...you will be fine !!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The goal was less than three hours overallowed... Lmao what does this tell you??? Omg

MC0493

Depends how sloppy. Listen to what they say and do it. They'll probably be out again, show them you can improve. Show them you want the job.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
He's just trying to pressure you. But that doesn't mean you should just shake it off. Take the advice he gave you for the sloppiness and incorporate them into your day.

We check in a lot when guys are qualifying. One thing to keep in mind too, just because we aren't watching you from a personal vehicle doesn't mean you aren't being watched. The detail we get with telematics is pretty amazing. Always operate as if someone is watching, because essentially someone is.

Chowdy

When you are on your packet and day 30 comes following the supervisor tells me my production is not consistent so he is going to extend 15 days. I have been told I'm basically going to be seasonal and the manager is just giving me some days to earn money... what y'all think? Is he really extending or will I end up seasonal

Chowdy

When you are on your packet and day 30 comes following the supervisor tells me my production is not consistent so he is going to extend 15 days. I have been told I'm basically going to be seasonal and the manager is just giving me some days to earn money... what y'all think? Is he really extending or will I end up seasonal

Chowdy

On my packet and day 30 arrives following the manager telling me my production is not consistent so he is going to extend 15 days. I have been told this happens either because A) most likely I'll will get screwed and be made seasonal instead. B) I have 15 days to be consistent and if I am I have nothing to worry about.

A driver told me he can't do that he has to tell me on day 30 if I made it or not. I have seen a lot of crazier things happen the 8 months I have been here so I'm curious what y'all think? I drive a resi route usually at about 280 with 2-3 hour over.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
On my packet and day 30 arrives following the manager telling me my production is not consistent so he is going to extend 15 days. I have been told this happens either because A) most likely I'll will get screwed and be made seasonal instead. B) I have 15 days to be consistent and if I am I have nothing to worry about.

A driver told me he can't do that he has to tell me on day 30 if I made it or not. I have seen a lot of crazier things happen the 8 months I have been here so I'm curious what y'all think? I drive a resi route usually at about 280 with 2-3 hour over.

How many times are you going to post this?