Advice-initial salary # - going from pt to pt sup?

workboots

I've got an opportunity... to leave pt preload and become a pt sup. The day is fast approaching for me to make a decision as to whether or not to take the position. Can't seem to find any info on what is the initial starting pay. I've been given a round about amount from FT sup. Any advice on where to find info on pay ranges or have any examples/advice on what to accept?

drewed

Shankman
I've got an opportunity... to leave pt preload and become a pt sup. The day is fast approaching for me to make a decision as to whether or not to take the position. Can't seem to find any info on what is the initial starting pay. I've been given a round about amount from FT sup. Any advice on where to find info on pay ranges or have any examples/advice on what to accept?

first think is management really want to do? frontline sups at UPS tend to get dumped on from all directions; and when it comes down to it, its all your responsibility. Im not saying its not a great gig i love my job, but its a lot of CYA and patience and level headedness.... Pt sups make generally 1600-2100 monthyly based on 27.5 hrs a week above that to 40 you get 10% increase after that OT(paid twice a month 15th and 26th wages very from loactions) 2 weeks vacation 7 personal holidays (holiday make ups) i think 5 discretionary days. You get 1/2 extra pay in Dec, 401k contributions as well as a UPS retirement plan

workboots

Thanks so much for the reply. That helps. No, I'm not sure... I've avoided the pushes to enter into management from my previous career - so I'm going on faith that if this opportunity keeps presenting itself - I should walk through that door. Thanks again - we'll see how it goes.

Will taking a management position eliminate me from a driving position? I'm on the list for driving school and have passed my driving test. Thanks again.

drewed

Shankman
Thanks so much for the reply. That helps. No, I'm not sure... I've avoided the pushes to enter into management from my previous career - so I'm going on faith that if this opportunity keeps presenting itself - I should walk through that door. Thanks again - we'll see how it goes.

Will taking a management position eliminate me from a driving position? I'm on the list for driving school and have passed my driving test. Thanks again.
No it doesnt disqualify you, in some cases (depending on the center) its actually better to go pt sup then to driver because every 6th driver is a pt sup or hired off the street....that being said if you start driving youll be bottom of the totem pole you wont have a route and youll only be working when they need you too, until you get enough seniority to get a route; so you may have to pick up a understanding pt job in that time