Advice on if I should leave UPS or not

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I think the main problem is, UPS doesn't train their management.. if you can write your name, you can be a sup.. they don't need to have any skills whatsoever. My day job, I'm constantly sent to management training and taught new things and ways to handle people and situations.. not "here, go give orders!" Like they do. If they invested in their management, things would be better in that environment.

Umm I thought you claimed you became a FT driver a few weeks ago???? Hmmm so you are full of BS??

Apparently you didn't pay attention or learn anything at all those classes auto zone sent you to.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
And if you're flipping off sups or yelling and screaming and threatening them, I highly doubt you are well like or respected. Guys like you with your mindset won't even be well "liked" in their driver groups among their fellow drivers.

You mean all the guys in his loop who refuse the first time he needs help?

AutoZone

BrownPower
Umm I thought you claimed you became a FT driver a few weeks ago???? Hmmm so you are full of BS??

Apparently you didn't pay attention or learn anything at all those classes auto zone sent you to.
Again, you just create your own stories, say them as if I said them, and then believe them.. lol you're a joke dude..

I signed ft offer sheet and cover offer.. passed everything.. just waiting buddy.. :) the ups way.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Again, you just create your own stories, say them as if I said them, and then believe them.. lol you're a joke dude..

I signed ft offer sheet and cover offer.. passed everything.. just waiting buddy.. :) the ups way.

Ummm no just going off what YOU post. You claimed to have been offered FT weeks ago. You made a huge post about it and bragged how it only took you 8 months. Yet now you're claiming you just signed "off on it". Hmmm have you even been to school yet or received your uniforms?

The only joke here is you and everything you post. You can't keep your BS straight so you try to deflect it on me like I "created a story". Nope. You do that all by yourself Ragin' Jake.

Oh and I think you've been told before to change your avatar because a long time, respected member already claims that identity on here. And yet you "pretend" to still be a FT driver.

The only thing you're driving is if Auto Zone wants you to pick up donuts for them.

Gear

Parts on Order
$10 an hour, no benefits and paid holidays for a year, and terrible working hours. I would've bailed when they told me this info. I give the people credit for accepting this and working through it.

Johney

A sup constantly yelling all night long is unprofessional, and the ss is the one who told me to file on that because of his harassment of myself and other employees.. and after our shouting match, and he apologized, I decided to not file and see how he conducted himself. And like I stated, I haven't heard him yell since, and this is a guy that use to tell all night long every night.

There is a thing called professionalism, even at UPS.. and those"managers" still need to adhere to it. All I did was remind him of that.

And the flipping off usually came from a 30 degree 3am working the load in the winter and being told to work faster while he was standing at his podium with a heater on.. finger well deserved.. he even laughed about it.. I'm a happy guy and promote that and people read that on me.. I act like I'm going to knock my sup in the nuts every time he walks by me on my aisle because he's stopping my work flow.. nothing wrong with keeping them in their toes. I'm well respected where I work. I'm sure all that will change when I get to the ors's but my work ethic and good attitude will hopefully keep them off my back..

I think the main problem is, UPS doesn't train their management.. if you can write your name, you can be a sup.. they don't need to have any skills whatsoever. My day job, I'm constantly sent to management training and taught new things and ways to handle people and situations.. not "here, go give orders!" Like they do. If they invested in their management, things would be better in that environment.
I'm not arguing your actions, I'm just saying at UPS there are consequences for them, be prepared.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Appreciate your input. :) Have a great night.

upload_2016-6-21_20-21-56.jpeg

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Appreciate your input. :) Have a great night.

Still dodged the question as usual. Did you get your uniforms, attend school, DOT physical???

I'm betting you signed a PT to FT pool bid list and that "cover sheet " was you acknowledging that you were added to the list. Not you accepting and going FT.

Johney

Still dodged the question as usual. Did you get your uniforms, attend school, DOT physical???

I'm betting you signed a PT to FT pool bid list and that "cover sheet " was you acknowledging that you were added to the list. Not you accepting and going FT.
Isn't this clown working in the Orlando hub?

I quit 3 times TODAY! Stick with it - it sucks, it will always suck. McDonald's sucks more. But UPS = $$. Focus. Once driving, huge suck, huge cash.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yet again, you don't have a clue. We are constantly doing training for something. INCLUDING handling people and situations. The entire MRE is about handling employee situations. My yearly training alone fills a binder. That doesn't include my designated responder training (another full binder), Acceptance Auditor training, and the insider training.

It's amazing that someone who has never been in management knows so much about the training we go through.