Advice on ups employment

ltl

as the economy started it,s slide I sold my business and decided to go to truck driving school as I know trucking is a field with room. I was already familiar with it as it is a familly thing.

My goal was/is a good driving job at a solid company. It appears ups is a good place for me to call home and retire from some day.

I did one year otr with Prime. I have now done one year at an LTL company (vitran express) pulling doubles. I have no tickets (except a scale ticket). No accidents. solid employment history and some college.

It seems to me UPS is the place I should go. I have been reading through the posts here. Honestly, I am confused by UPS structure. there seems to be 3 or 4 UPS divisions to work for, some part driving and part dock, some part time, some union, some not union. It also seems that UPS promotes from one division to the next?

Given my situation where should I start looking to get in the door? Too, can someone explain the different divisions of UPS? I am located in St. Louis Mo.

Any help is much appreciated. thank you all, LTL

Any he

P

pickup

ltl, we have a current thread in this same forum called "Feeder Drivers" that might be of some help.

I think some of the divisions are UPS (feeders), UPS freight, UPS Cartage(what they do, I have no idea and I don't care to figure it out) .

4th one...??? , not a clue.

O

OldSnake63

all i can say right now is stay away from the truckload division . its non union and those guys get no vaseline !!! at least us union guys get a little fifth wheel grease before they try to fak us. which is quit often . so my best advise is apply online for the LTL division , aka ups freight .