Advice

PaidDriveTime?

I turned 21 recently and a bid sheet has been posted to fill two FT driving positions. As of now I am the second highest seniority on the list, so its possible I will have the chance to get the job. I was just wondering if you think I should take the job or turn it down for school. I am currently going part time, taking 9 credits, and my classes are at night. I know it would be hard but I am committed to continuing my education even if I got the job, which I understand would be very tough. I could really use the money tho, so I am not sure what I should do. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Jigawatts

If you're shooting for a degree in a career that you know you'll like and you know you're going to make money, I'd continue the education. If you're a little more on the undecided side, and you're not exactly sure what the future will bring you career wise, you are in a great position with UPS.

For me, I basically have a worthless B.A. I only wish I would have started with UPS straight out of high school instead of going to college for 4 years. Not to say that was wasted time, but I'd be much further ahead right now.

I started at UPS when I was 24. 5 years later I'm still working 2 jobs with no end in sight. I've got about another 7 before I become a driver (if I'm lucky). There's a lot of factors that you have to consider, and it sounds like you have a good problem with your options. Good luck with your decision.