AEPU

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have already made the PU prior to closing it in the board, so I don't have a problem with it. If I have not gotten to them before the assigned window (even though it's make in trace) I will close it out in real time.
Not me. With the way things are these days and the things that they are firing drivers over, I won't do it. I close the pick up on the spot and they can eat dog **** on the compliance. I don't have a warm and fuzzy feel for my sup's. I'm in IDGAF mode. They want my mileage kept to a dull roar, fine I can do that but something is going to suffer elsewhere. That is PU compliance. If they want PU compliance then my mileage will suffer as will 9.5's. I will NOT be fired over a bogus charge for a pick up issue. I already have one pick up at 1500 that I am nowhere near and have caved into giving them that one. I'm not giving them any others. If they want to push the issue then I will go up the ladder on it. We used to have an hour leeway for Smart Pickups. Now that is gone. :soapbox:

As is my patience and tolerance for the abuse that we are put through on a daily basis.

old levi's

blank space
Not me. With the way things are these days and the things that they are firing drivers over, I won't do it. I close the pick up on the spot and they can eat dog **** on the compliance. I don't have a warm and fuzzy feel for my sup's. I'm in IDGAF mode. They want my mileage kept to a dull roar, fine I can do that but something is going to suffer elsewhere. That is PU compliance. If they want PU compliance then my mileage will suffer as will 9.5's. I will NOT be fired over a bogus charge for a pick up issue. I already have one pick up at 1500 that I am nowhere near and have caved into giving them that one. I'm not giving them any others. If they want to push the issue then I will go up the ladder on it. We used to have an hour leeway for Smart Pickups. Now that is gone. :soapbox:

As is my patience and tolerance for the abuse that we are put through on a daily basis.

Yes ma'am !!!

AKCoverMan

At the end of the day (hows that for Corporate Speak!) I am much more concerned with my pickup customers being happy about when I pick up their packages than I am about someone in a cubical at UPS being happy about when I pick up the packages.

Sure if I can be in the window, great. I get the idea that being at a pickup right on schedule everyday makes us look dependable. But not every route works that way, especially high mileage rural routes.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
At the end of the day (hows that for Corporate Speak!) I am much more concerned with my pickup customers being happy about when I pick up their packages than I am about someone in a cubical at UPS being happy about when I pick up the packages.

Sure if I can be in the window, great. I get the idea that being at a pickup right on schedule everyday makes us look dependable. But not every route works that way, especially high mileage rural routes.
​My point exactly. In town rtes can easily accommodate for PU times. Most in town rtes cover, at the most, a 5 square mile area. Rural rtes are FAR different. My rte covers 25 - 30 square miles and I know that mine is, by far, not the worst in square mileage. There are many that cover twice and three times that much or more. I think, for the most part, rural rte customers (esp. shipping customers) understand and acknowledge this. I know my shipping customers well enough to know that if I haven't gotten a Y on their pickup by a certain time they aren't going to have anything going out that day and I can plan accordingly. Right now, I'm trying to get a 5th shipper to go to a Smart Pickup. It's going to screw me even more but this customer would benefit by having a daily Smart Pickup. He won't have to call in for pickups anymore. What's bad for me is every couple of weeks he has Express savers that go to Germany. I have to get those and get them back to the air drop before the drop time and I am not going to know if what he has going out is ground or air. I will have to get him to call me and let me know a head of time if he has Intl going out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The page on ups.com below does not describe an "Authorized Early Pick Up".
I assumed what you were describing was Daily On-Route Pickup but it does not seem to be.

Dilli,
Another option to Smart P/U is the On-Route Pickup and then you close out the pickup on delivery trace and there is no responsibility to go back that day unless the customer schedules an On-Call Pickup.

Faded,
I do not like the sound of closing out within the window unless you are physically at the pickup location. Take care.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/sri/scheduledpickupoptions.html?srch_pos=2&srch_phr=pickup

If you ship regularly, you should consider establishing an automatic scheduled pickup. The following scheduled pickup options are available:

• Daily Pickup: A UPS driver will stop by your location once each day, Monday through Friday, to pick up ground, air, or international shipments. This option is ideal for frequent shippers.
  • Daily On-Route Pickup: A UPS driver will make a pickup at your location once each business day while making deliveries in your area. A pickup will occur even if your location is not receiving deliveries.
  • UPS Smart Pickup[SUP]®[/SUP]: Simply process a shipment before the notify time using WorldShip[SUP]®[/SUP], UPS Internet Shipping, or UPS CampusShip[SUP]®[/SUP], and you will automatically notify a UPS driver to make a UPS Smart Pickup the same day. By requiring UPS come to your business only when you have a package to ship, you help us save fuel and reduce carbon emissions.
  • Day-Specific Pickup: A UPS driver will stop by your location on the days that you determine are the most effective for you. Select one to four days, Monday through Friday, for your pickups.

To sign up for an automatic scheduled pickup, go to Open a UPS Account (for customers who don't have an existing UPS account) or Maintain Your UPS Account (for customers who have an account and want to add a scheduled pickup) by selecting the links below.
1.gif

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The page on ups.com below does not describe an "Authorized Early Pick Up".
I assumed what you were describing was Daily On-Route Pickup but it does not seem to be.

Dilli,
Another option to Smart P/U is the On-Route Pickup and then you close out the pickup on delivery trace and there is no responsibility to go back that day unless the customer schedules an On-Call Pickup.

Faded,
I do not like the sound of closing out within the window unless you are physically at the pickup location. Take care.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/sri/scheduledpickupoptions.html?srch_pos=2&srch_phr=pickup

If you ship regularly, you should consider establishing an automatic scheduled pickup. The following scheduled pickup options are available:

• Daily Pickup: A UPS driver will stop by your location once each day, Monday through Friday, to pick up ground, air, or international shipments. This option is ideal for frequent shippers.
  • Daily On-Route Pickup: A UPS driver will make a pickup at your location once each business day while making deliveries in your area. A pickup will occur even if your location is not receiving deliveries.
  • UPS Smart Pickup[SUP]®[/SUP]: Simply process a shipment before the notify time using WorldShip[SUP]®[/SUP], UPS Internet Shipping, or UPS CampusShip[SUP]®[/SUP], and you will automatically notify a UPS driver to make a UPS Smart Pickup the same day. By requiring UPS come to your business only when you have a package to ship, you help us save fuel and reduce carbon emissions.
  • Day-Specific Pickup: A UPS driver will stop by your location on the days that you determine are the most effective for you. Select one to four days, Monday through Friday, for your pickups.

To sign up for an automatic scheduled pickup, go to Open a UPS Account (for customers who don't have an existing UPS account) or Maintain Your UPS Account (for customers who have an account and want to add a scheduled pickup) by selecting the links below.
1.gif

Truthfully, I am not sure what the difference is in AEPU (other than the intended Authorized Early or prior to commit time) and any of the other pickups that we have. I don't know the origin of it, all I know is that we HAD it. My PU acc'ts are unlikely to go back to a Daily On Rte now. The Smart Pickup is best suited to them. What I want is a Smart Pickup that is an on rte pick up (within the hour time frame). That way I do not have to listen to my OR bitch about pickup compliance.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Would changing the commit time for that P/U be an option?
Changing the commit time is always an option and if it was guaranteed that I wouldn't get the split that I frequently do, that would work. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I have to juggle the rte several days a week to try and make the commit times. Having the one pickup finally go to a Smart pickup has helped though. I will take what I can get. They'll just have to deal with the non compliance. I can only do so much.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Two weeks ago my PU compliance was 28%. Got a call from my on road supviser Monday morning and listened to about 9 seconds of bitching before we became disconnected. I hate dropped calls! Messaged back to him via DIAD that if he wants to bitch at me he will have to drive an hour to my satellite center and do it in person with a steward available. Will not use my cell minutes to get berated for such trivial nonsense. None of my customers give a rats behind whether I pick them up within a 14 minute +/- window.