"affected" district Staff layoffs

sosocal

According to the restructuring timetable it appears current district Staffs (Division level) will be notified of thier futures with the new UPS on weekending 3/13....So what then????

sosocal

We were told during our PCM this morning that this notification will take place 3/8-9 at the Syracuse, NY, facility.

I hear 3/9 in my district-- so if not selected for the new UPS structure do these employees get walked out that day? Asked to stick around and wait for opening?...

Leftinbuilding

Since I retired I have not followed events as closely as before. Is UPS eliminating the "division" level? I know about the realignment of the regions etc, and what happened to the marketing people at Corp. This thread makes it sound like a whole level is gonna disappear. True or no?

sosocal

Since I retired I have not followed events as closely as before. Is UPS eliminating the "division" level? I know about the realignment of the regions etc, and what happened to the marketing people at Corp. This thread makes it sound like a whole level is gonna disappear. True or no?

Division level will stay - but with 26 less district level staffs needed.....

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I hear 3/9 in my district-- so if not selected for the new UPS structure do these employees get walked out that day? Asked to stick around and wait for opening?...

I've heard that the meetings are scheduled off-site so I doubt they'll be back to the building if not selected for a position, but who knows. It's kinda cruel to drag things out this long.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
Whats left of division level staff will be walked out in March and April.

According to the Q&A they will be offered a position at a lower lever or offered a separation package. Staff level managers will only be offered "open" positions and will not be able to "bump" others not affected by the restructuring.

Red Rose

Does anyone know - how many operation divisions each district will have? Since the number of districts have been reduced, will the number of divisions also be reduced?

sosocal

Does anyone know - how many operation divisions each district will have? Since the number of districts have been reduced, will the number of divisions also be reduced?
package divisions will roughly be the same - in some cases smaller divisions may be combined - but I do not see any reduction like they did for regions and districts. The Division should become more autonymous with much larger districts and stretched resouces - I don't see how we can expand it too far without losing some control of culture, policy and direction.....WAIT FOR IT.......

RoyalFlush

One of Them
I don't see how we can expand it too far without losing some control of culture, policy and direction.....WAIT FOR IT.......

There's not much left to to lose...Culture has been on the way out. All that's left will soon be gone. Policy doesnt mean much anymore either. Sloppy looking driver uniforms, dirty trucks, dirty buildings galore...these were things that UPS prided itself upon at one time. Policy still the same, practice is something completely different.

sosocal

There's not much left to to lose...Culture has been on the way out. All that's left will soon be gone. Policy doesnt mean much anymore either. Sloppy looking driver uniforms, dirty trucks, dirty buildings galore...these were things that UPS prided itself upon at one time. Policy still the same, practice is something completely different.
...WAIT FOR IT......BINGO..... THERE IT IS!!!!....I THOUGHT IT MIGHT GO AS LONG AS 3 OR 4 POSTS INTO THE STRING...actaully very next post...didn't have to wait long.