"affected" district Staff layoffs

Cezanne

How about 90% of management being part time and the rest as full time we could save a boat load of cash.
I agree with Tie, you should be on the corporate board with that solution. Considering their average age, rate of pay, no MIP, no perks, no real retirement benefits, and reduced risk of health and welfare coverages. Think of the savings, less piece of the pie to share..That is progressive thinking at it's best...The ultimate two-tier system....:wink2:

northr

There's not much left to to lose...Culture has been on the way out. All that's left will soon be gone. Policy doesnt mean much anymore either. Sloppy looking driver uniforms, dirty trucks, dirty buildings galore...these were things that UPS prided itself upon at one time. Policy still the same, practice is something completely different.
ther is no more culture to many outsiders that never had to bleed brown or sweat to make this company what it is. No more partners its every man for himself. What a shame!!!!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Let's face it, any management person or Union employee with over 10 years with the company has got a bullseye on their back.
All of these people are overpaid for the industry average.
Just a matter of time.

BrownGuy

My concern is that people who have been around for 20+ years, that have the "brown blood" mentality, will lose that level of commitment, either by leaving willingly or unwillingly, and the people who will be left will have a very limited level of commitment. There aren't as many of these people around as there used to be. They will want to work 8 hours a day, won't come to work when they have "the sniffles," do everything they can to do the most minimal work they can get away with. I see many supervisors with this level of commitment. When the division manager sour, and the managers get their "assignments" next month, these sour people will be the people that have to climb up the ranks and run the company in 10 years.

I am very concerned about the knowledge level and commitment of our future leaders.

People can only be stretched so far until they snap and give up. How much failure can a person tolerate before giving up? I think we will find out in the coming years.

constructively dissatisfi

My concern is that people who have been around for 20+ years, that have the "brown blood" mentality, will lose that level of commitment, either by leaving willingly or unwillingly, and the people who will be left will have a very limited level of commitment. There aren't as many of these people around as there used to be. They will want to work 8 hours a day, won't come to work when they have "the sniffles," do everything they can to do the most minimal work they can get away with. I see many supervisors with this level of commitment. When the division manager sour, and the managers get their "assignments" next month, these sour people will be the people that have to climb up the ranks and run the company in 10 years.

I am very concerned about the knowledge level and commitment of our future leaders.

People can only be stretched so far until they snap and give up. How much failure can a person tolerate before giving up? I think we will find out in the coming years.

That future is already here. Been that way for 10 years, and leading up to it even before that. Management people have been getting progressively screwed for a long time now. Those chickens have already home to roost.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That future is already here. Been that way for 10 years, and leading up to it even before that. Management people have been getting progressively screwed for a long time now. Those chickens have already home to roost.

I know drivers and supervisors in my Center that are actively hunting careers somewhere else. I had one of the best supervisors I've had in a while tell me the other day that it just isn't worth it anymore. Its a real shame that the old culture is gone now.