Affirmative Action

moreluck

golden ticket member
Remember Affirmative Action ?? The jobs in your company had to reflect the percentages of different races in your city. Just one question.......Did the U.S. Congress & Senate have Affirmative Action ?? If not, why not??

moreluck

golden ticket member
According to Aff. Action....doesn't matter. Companies had to conform !! All of the U.S. had to conform. Why should they be exempt ?? We are always having things rammed down our throat, but congress is exempt....like the health care too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's hard to pigeon hole some people.....like Barney Frank. He comes under Male, White and GLBT. That's Gay, Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender.

How are we ruled by affirmative action? As far as I know the courts have pretty consistently ruled against the use of racial quotas.
At one time AA was the rule of law, but you are correct that is no longer the case....at least not like it once was. I think Moreluck is referring to the past practice that AA forced. UPS still has racial quotas(at least a few years ago this was true in our district) in hiring, but self imposed more than by any law.

bbsam

Staff member
At one time AA was the rule of law, but you are correct that is no longer the case....at least not like it once was. I think Moreluck is referring to the past practice that AA forced. UPS still has racial quotas(at least a few years ago this was true in our district) in hiring, but self imposed more than by any law.
Actually, one of the 12 traditions states quite clearly, "AA has no opinion on outside issues, hence the AA name should never be involved in any public controversies.":wink2::peaceful:

Actually, one of the 12 traditions states quite clearly, "AA has no opinion on outside issues, hence the AA name should never be involved in any public controversies.":wink2::peaceful:
No idea what you are talking about. 12 traditions of Affirmative Action? Never heard of them.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
At least he's a happy drunk, unlike yourself, always getting your butt kicked in bars.

I dont go to Bars...you have to drive home afterwards., plus its to expensive with good beer at 3 to 4 bucks a pop. Its better to get a 12 pack of St. Pauli Girl Dark or Bitburger and invite some friends and do some grillin...much cheaper and much safer for everyone.

:bbq: