After Christmas Feeder cuts?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by over9five, Dec 10, 2008.

1. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

The latest from FNN is 12 cut jobs in Chema, 4 in Lynma.

Sounds awfully high to me. Anyone know how many Feeder drivers in Lynma?
  2. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

30 feeder runs are being cut here
  3. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

4. faifai

faifai New Member

any headcount cutting in asia ?
  5. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

I think they have about 20!! I'll find out tonite!! 12 cuts in chema ouch thats deep !! even with W.M and Guido retiring will it still be 12 or 10 with no call ups???? they are talking 5 in E.N.E
  6. Bryishre

Bryishre ktm atv racer

I heard all of our qualified list will be laid off.
  7. chev

chev Nightcrawler

We have 19 runs and there is talk of cutting 3, but I really don't see how it will happen. :dissapointed: I really hope it won't happen. Kinda hoping DHL volume will help.
  8. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Chev did you take those pics of that tractor?? if so where was it??
  9. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

I know I'm getting cut. Jan 5. Left hip this time.
  10. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

10 cuts in CHEMA is what I heard. Of course we are just lowly 22.3s ;p
  11. ih8tbrn

ih8tbrn Banned

We have one feeder run out of our center. I wonder if they'll cut that. I suppose the PC drivers could just run right down to the hub themselves.
  12. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I thought you glory boys in the fancy tractors had automatics so it can`t be from pushing in the clutch.:happy2:
  13. blaeux35

blaeux35 New Member

Is that confirmed or just speculation? Are those permanent cuts or temporary after Christmas cuts. Anyone feel free to answer regarding their hub/center situation
  14. US0352

US0352 Feeder

We were told we will have some feeder cuts too, just don't know how many.
  15. I'mTheMan

I'mTheMan New Member

Here in Pacific Northwest area, we don't know how many feeder drivers will be cut yet as yet to be configured but it is planning to cut feeder and package cars as well and all of our combo 22.3's will be forced back to part time for awhile or so. I did spoke with the Feeder Manager last night and he told me that he wanted volume back and was hoping that to have DHL volume but that won't happen till after Jan 18th and hoping it'll pick up by then.
  16. chev

chev Nightcrawler

Yep. Took them with my phone. That was in Willow Grove, Pa.
  17. brownrodster

brownrodster New Member

I'm in your neck of the woods and DHL is already pulled out of our centers 2000 square mile service area. Our backup feeders will go back to package but haven't heard of actual feeder runs cut here. the 22.3's are all worried that the will get axed in january.
  18. feederdriver06

feederdriver06 former monkey slave

Don't worry about any "cuts" right now. Do yourselves a big favor and stay out of the rumor mill. Your wasting your time going there. You can talk to many different people and they will all have different numbers in relation to "cuts". Let things pan out for themselves come January-February.
  19. some1else

some1else Active Member

ok ill tell my 8 year old that; honey things didnt "pan out" and you arent going to eat tonight. people are not talking about it for the hell of it; its serious business and people are seriously worried.
  20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I think what feeder is trying to say that it does absolutely no good to worry about something that you have no control over. You are right that you should keep your options open in the event that the layoffs do become a reality but you should not obsess over it.