After Christmas Feeder cuts?

over9five

Staff member
The latest from FNN is 12 cut jobs in Chema, 4 in Lynma.

Sounds awfully high to me. Anyone know how many Feeder drivers in Lynma?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The latest from FNN is 12 cut jobs in Chema, 4 in Lynma.

Sounds awfully high to me. Anyone know how many Feeder drivers in Lynma?
I think they have about 20!! I'll find out tonite!! 12 cuts in chema ouch thats deep !! even with W.M and Guido retiring will it still be 12 or 10 with no call ups???? they are talking 5 in E.N.E

chev

Nightcrawler
We have 19 runs and there is talk of cutting 3, but I really don't see how it will happen. :dissapointed: I really hope it won't happen. Kinda hoping DHL volume will help.

ih8tbrn

Banned
We have one feeder run out of our center. I wonder if they'll cut that. I suppose the PC drivers could just run right down to the hub themselves.

I'mTheMan

Here in Pacific Northwest area, we don't know how many feeder drivers will be cut yet as yet to be configured but it is planning to cut feeder and package cars as well and all of our combo 22.3's will be forced back to part time for awhile or so. I did spoke with the Feeder Manager last night and he told me that he wanted volume back and was hoping that to have DHL volume but that won't happen till after Jan 18th and hoping it'll pick up by then.

brownrodster

Here in Pacific Northwest area, we don't know how many feeder drivers will be cut yet as yet to be configured but it is planning to cut feeder and package cars as well and all of our combo 22.3's will be forced back to part time for awhile or so. I did spoke with the Feeder Manager last night and he told me that he wanted volume back and was hoping that to have DHL volume but that won't happen till after Jan 18th and hoping it'll pick up by then.

I'm in your neck of the woods and DHL is already pulled out of our centers 2000 square mile service area. Our backup feeders will go back to package but haven't heard of actual feeder runs cut here. the 22.3's are all worried that the will get axed in january.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Don't worry about any "cuts" right now. Do yourselves a big favor and stay out of the rumor mill. Your wasting your time going there. You can talk to many different people and they will all have different numbers in relation to "cuts". Let things pan out for themselves come January-February.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ok ill tell my 8 year old that; honey things didnt "pan out" and you arent going to eat tonight. people are not talking about it for the hell of it; its serious business and people are seriously worried.

I think what feeder is trying to say that it does absolutely no good to worry about something that you have no control over. You are right that you should keep your options open in the event that the layoffs do become a reality but you should not obsess over it.