After interview Pre load supervisor question

kizzy

Hello I am brand new to these forums but I have recently applied for a pre-load supervisor position and I am looking to find some answers to where I might stand in the process. I had my interview where they asked me to bring in my social security card and drivers license and I believe the interview went very well. I did not receive a tour like I've read about a lot on the forums here, and the HR guy interviewing me said they would call me back in a week.

I'm curious in seeing if the saying that they will call me back in a week is just a way of telling me they are going in another direction or what since I am not familiar with the culture at UPS yet.

kizzy

Is the HR at ups reliable when it comes to callback dates? is it a good idea to call them back? or does the background checks take the majority of the time?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is the HR at ups reliable when it comes to callback dates? is it a good idea to call them back? or does the background checks take the majority of the time?
You'll probably hear back in a week or so...you'll need plenty of this...
images-6.jpeg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let HR do their job. If you haven't heard back by the weekend I would call them back on Monday. Good luck.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I am looking to find some answers to where I might stand in the process.
If you're still standing up, you're not very far into the process. You'll be either bent over or on your knees before you know it. Take the experience for what it is, a great point on your resume.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They don't even really hire outside people into p/t supervisor positions here. The ones who don't know what they're getting themselves into ahead of time usually just can't handle it mentally. You really gotta be able to shrug off the small stuff, scratch that... shrug off everything. If you can survive as a UPS p/t sup, you can probably survive most jobs short of a warzone.

Keep in mind it's not that way in every center, you could have a great friend/t sup and end up wondering what the hell we were all talking about.

I wonder how long until this thread gets moved to the UPS partners forum.....

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Hello I am brand new to these forums but I have recently applied for a pre-load supervisor position and I am looking to find some answers to where I might stand in the process. I had my interview where they asked me to bring in my social security card and drivers license and I believe the interview went very well. I did not receive a tour like I've read about a lot on the forums here, and the HR guy interviewing me said they would call me back in a week.

I'm curious in seeing if the saying that they will call me back in a week is just a way of telling me they are going in another direction or what since I am not familiar with the culture at UPS yet.
PT supervision is literally the worst job at UPS. If you don't plan on staying long then go for it but if you want to stick around I wouldn't do it. I can go around to each supervisor in my building and they will tell you they wish they had just stayed hourly. They literally take anyone to be a supervisor, and then they treat you like :censored2:. I started 12 years ago and maybe one or two supervisors are still there and they are still part time and now making a quarter the money I am. I'm just trying to give you a friendly warning. Most people I warn ignore it and take the job anyways, because they want to wear a polo and khakis and feel important but honestly they are the lowest man on the totem pole.

upschuck

That's probably an exaggeration. It takes a special kind of person to be a PT sup. One that can take crap, and keep it to themselves. They are the bottom of the food chain. Hourly have union to stand by them, and everything that goes wrong, you will get blamed for it. It will look good on a resume, though, and will most likely be a dead end job at UPS. I've seen relatively few promotions from the PT sups to FT sups. Most full time sups come from FT hourly ranks.

kizzy

That's probably an exaggeration. It takes a special kind of person to be a PT sup. One that can take crap, and keep it to themselves. They are the bottom of the food chain. Hourly have union to stand by them, and everything that goes wrong, you will get blamed for it. It will look good on a resume, though, and will most likely be a dead end job at UPS. I've seen relatively few promotions from the PT sups to FT sups. Most full time sups come from FT hourly ranks.
Yeah it's mainly to get something on a resume so I can jump the expierence gap when I graduate with my bachleors. Also they pay for schooling and for the years I'll be there there's no point in me starting off hourly. Being a driver is something I do not want to do

kizzy

Yeah it's mainly to get something on a resume so I can jump the expierence gap when I graduate with my bachleors. Also they pay for schooling and for the years I'll be there there's no point in me starting off hourly. Being a driver is something I do not want to do