After my 2nd day of preloading I..really need tips.

W

What The Hawk?

When in doubt, load according to the PAL.

If you load according to the PAL the drivers really can't say crap and you can't get in trouble for anything. What are they gonna do? Write you up for not loading incorrectly? Union would probably have a field day if someone tried that.

Don't worry too much about custom loading until you work a pull for a while and get some experience. You don't even really have to custom load if you don't want to. I only do it when it makes my life easier as well as the driver's. Even then it's usually only shifting around floor stuff to make room under overloaded shelves (for instance, one of my trucks always has a ton of 8000s so I move my FL4 to FL3 and use the FL4 section for extra 8000s).
Ok. I just had a crap ton of 2217's and they weren't going to fit so I put in rdr.He didn't have a problem with that just the bulk 5000s that I put at the rear. He moved those and put the bulk 3000 there even though there weren't as many. He's a nice guy though. Used to be a preloader and is pretty understanding when I :censored2: up. Lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ok. I just had a crap ton of 2217's and they weren't going to fit so I put in rdr.He didn't have a problem with that just the bulk 5000s that I put at the rear. He moved those and put the bulk 3000 there even though there weren't as many. He's a nice guy though. Used to be a preloader and is pretty understanding when I :censored2: up. Lol

You didn't :censored2: up.

watdaflock?

Do you get a bulk sheet early in the AM? Is Floor 1,2,3,4 always full of bulk stops?

W

What The Hawk?

Do you get a bulk sheet early in the AM? Is Floor 1,2,3,4 always full of bulk stops?
I get the forecast sheet that tells me the bulk stops in bold font. So I go by that and put the ones with the most at the rear. Usually it's the 3000 or 2000 that has alot. Sometimes 8000 or 5000.

I just finished up my 3rd week on preload this morning, and the drivers whose trucks I load said that I've been doing a great job. I try to mark the job on the majority of the boxes with the crayon, and that seems to help me get the boxes in the right spots and got me on the good side of the drivers. Especially since they are picky as hell about how the irregs get put in lol

PTPeanuts

This was my load on Friday. The was after I got to my first stop. When I got in my truck at the building, I could walk through it. My loader(s) refuse to lip load and this is what happens. No hard turns, just a leisurely drive to my area on the highway.
Note that, the six largest boxes in the front are for a bulk stop that is PAL'ed 6970. That is not 6970, that is FL1. There is also a NDA for that same stop that was PAL'ed 1030 but yet, once digging through everything, was found under a dozen or more house stops under the 8000 shelf. That white and red box on the back on the top right was PAL'ed 2700, but yet it's all the way in the back. Half my load was like that. It's like they loaded so much and then said friend-it and just started putting things where they saw fit or where it fit. Worst day I've had in a long, long time.