After my 2nd day of preloading I..really need tips.

W

What The Hawk?

Regardless.
I also never said it would be easy, just asking for advice. On a good note the sup said I improved a lot for someone on their second day. Still go an long wayb to go.
Check the load charts for drops. Create a plan. You'll eventually learn that 60 pieces for the 2000 shelf won't actually fit on the 2000 shelf. Keep the drops together, with bulky drops closer to the rear. Doesn't matter if you put a 1000 drop in RDR. If it's 20 boxes of copy paper, to the rear it goes. 40 boxes of textbooks, to the rear. Both sides. Once the driver gets those drops off, he can work with the space.
That's really good advice. I'm already sick of putting bulk drops on a shelf only for the driver to take it to the back. Lol

Txbrown82

I have done preload for 2 weeks. It's definitely fast paced. I'm a TCD driver, and driving next week. Since I've done the job, I'm always going to do nice things for them if my loaders do a good job.

Cementups

Box Monkey
As a driver I can tell you that using the crayon or pulling the PAL are a waste of time.

For the last MF time, that is not done for you. It helps the loader establish his placement of every remaining pkg.

@UpstateNYUPSer , just because you don't use the crayon scribbles or PALs doesn't mean that everyone doesn't. We have one particular loader that is THE perfect loader. Everything is stop for stop in the car and she leaves a note every morning to tell you where she put the bulk stops so you're not wandering around cussing her out wondering where she put it. But she crayons the number on the outside of every box. having been a preloader myself 20 years ago I can appreciate it and use it to my advantage. No looking for labels when you can use the crayon markings.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I really want to get better. I wasn't thinkin it would be that vigorous but damn do I feel it.

I feel confused though because different sups are telling me different things. One tells me to do it a certain way and another says "driver's are pompous :censored2:s, they get paid 50 :censored2:ing bucks an hour. Just toss the box on the right shelf."

I want to be the preloader driver's WANT. One driver is nice to me the other was a dickheadJudyuu. But oh well.

Just looking for advice I guess.

The loader who told you this was the actual pompous one. He/she has no respect for others and their jobs. And one day they may be in our position and the shoe will be on the other foot.
I'm having this issue with one of my loaders (I seem to have a rotisserie of loaders who they swap intermittently). I ask the preload sup to tell him to fix this or that and the loaders response is, "I don't care, I'm going to be a driver soon so I don't have to know how to load them." You have no idea how much I can't wait for him to be a driver and he goes out with a sh1t load like what he gives me. Then maybe he will get it.

My biggest advice, which i wish my loaders would listen to......PLEASE lip load. Do not try and stack packages flat on the shelf. And do not put packages flat against the wall of the truck.

It should look like this when it's all said and done.

The loader who told you this was the actual pompous one. He/she has no respect for others and their jobs. And one day they may be in our position and the shoe will be on the other foot.
I'm having this issue with one of my loaders (I seem to have a rotisserie of loaders who they swap intermittently). I ask the preload sup to tell him to fix this or that and the loaders response is, "I don't care, I'm going to be a driver soon so I don't have to know how to load them." You have no idea how much I can't wait for him to be a driver and he goes out with a sh1t load like what he gives me. Then maybe he will get it.

My biggest advice, which i wish my loaders would listen to......PLEASE lip load. Do not try and stack packages flat on the shelf. And do not put packages flat against the wall of the truck.

Is that a Saturday Air route?

UnconTROLLed

perfection

That is basically nothing what it should look like. Just 'sayin. Why are there envelopes on top of boxes? Why are there RDL on the left shelf when there's loads of floor space? Most of the boxes don't appear to be facing the proper direction and also, packages should be pushed forward towards the bulkhead if there is empty shelf space. What's with that ridiculous stack outside RDR? LOL To be honest, I thought you were joking at first.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Good lord I hope you're kidding about most of this @Sleeve_meet_Heart . Especially about shoving stuff forward towards the bulkhead. Please don't do that. EVER.
And that RDR stack is completely on purpose and by request. If you ran a route with a load done by this loader you wouldn't have any objections to any of it. She's been a driver so she gets it and loads accordingly.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Good lord I hope you're kidding about most of this @Sleeve_meet_Heart . Especially about shoving stuff forward towards the bulkhead. Please don't do that. EVER.
And that RDR stack is completely on purpose and by request. If you ran a route with a load done by this loader you wouldn't have any objections to any of it. She's been a driver so she gets it and loads accordingly.
The first thing I would do with that half-full truck, after my airs, is fix that abomination. You obviously have a low standard for preloaders (which is understandable).

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
the biggest thing ur going to find at ups is the supervisor will change things everyday. most of them really have no clue or care. Since ur training your going have to listen to them. however your going to find out, it is best to train yourself using the drivers helps as a guide and just common sense. couple tips I can give u, don't put bulk stops on the shelves. you can use empty spaces in the trucks for extra stuff just inform the driver what u did. make sure ur air is in the right place. I either put lables up or write on it. don't put huge packages on shelves that take it all up. try not to stack everything out. the biggest thing is it takes time.

the biggest thing ur going to find at ups is the supervisor will change things everyday. most of them really have no clue or care. Since ur training your going have to listen to them. however your going to find out, it is best to train yourself using the drivers helps as a guide and just common sense. couple tips I can give u, don't put bulk stops on the shelves. you can use empty spaces in the trucks for extra stuff just inform the driver what u did. make sure ur air is in the right place. I either put lables up or write on it. don't put huge packages on shelves that take it all up. try not to stack everything out. the biggest thing is it takes time.
Take your time ? At $10/hr. you are telling preloaders to take their time ? Just throw the stuff in there and get off the clock and let the driver worry about it. That is what they get paid to do.

MendozaJ

Take your time ? At $10/hr. you are telling preloaders to take their time ? Just throw the stuff in there and get off the clock and let the driver worry about it. That is what they get paid to do.

Why not just work the 5 hours at a steady pace instead of half assing it for 4. That's an extra $50/wk for someone that needs it.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Um not sure how u got take ur time out of that. the only time is the time it takes to learn what u need to do and just throwing stuff in there is unsafe. u have to have some organization to walk in and out.

haller

I'm not the fastest but drivers like how i load. You need to be on vikes or percocet to do this :censored2: weekly. I'm approaching a month soon.

arenc8161

You mean it's not supposed to look like this....
IMG_20160916_095833.jpg IMG_20160916_095837.jpg IMG_20160916_095824.jpg